Wise words from Kim Jongdae

• When EXO won the AOTY at MAMA, Jongdae came up to speak and he said these very words that we should all learn from these days:

"I'm so grateful to our EXO-Ls. Watching the award show today, I would like to say that music isn't the competition, please like k-pop in the future too. And lastly EXO-L I LOVE YOU!"

6fea021413dc283f958a594028b9e401.jpg

He's saying that everyone should enjoy kpop without worrying about the competition, or what song is bigger than the other. Music is made to be appreciated and loved. It's not made to be a popularity contest. There is no such thing as competition, we like the music we like and go about our days.

It shouldn't matter whether a song is a "national hit' or "popular" because that's not the entire point of that song existing in the first place. If two songs are good, then why do people feel the need to compare their popularity? Just enjoy them.

I felt like I should bring this up after all of the national hit talk we've been having.

• Official Post

Half of these fandoms fighting with each other over dumb shit while their faves all bop to each other's music.

• It's one of Chen's most memorable statements for me and speaks volumes. I think its natural for the idols themselves to feel competitive, as the K-Industry is a very competitive place to be in.

But I think there needs to be a fine balance between healthy and toxic competition(So easy to fall in to the latter).

I know I might be over analyzing, but a person who says this type of statement, have often experienced both sides of the spectrum in competition. I remember EXO hinting at the amount of pressure the felt during their early days, and how they want to let go of all of this expectation of winning awards.

Bottom line: K-pop industry is way too competitive for the idols as well, and having the right mindset takes you very far.

• It's one of Chen's most memorable statements for me and speaks volumes. I think its natural for the idols themselves to feel competitive, as the K-Industry is a very competitive place to be in.

But I think there needs to be a fine balance between healthy and toxic competition(So easy to fall in to the latter).

I know I might be over analyzing, but a person who says this type of statement, have often experienced both sides of the spectrum in competition. I remember EXO hinting at the amount of pressure the felt during their early days, and how they want to let go of all of this expectation of winning awards.

Bottom line: K-pop industry is way too competitive for the idols as well, and having the right mindset takes you very far.

agreed. I think exo themselves said they feel happier now because they don't have to feel the pressure of awards and all that other stuff

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!