What do you guys think about PS5 games lineup?

• I'm looking forward to getting a PS5, coming from PC gaming. I like the specs, I like the vision of sony for the PS5, I like the overall everything of the console. I'd be buying a digital version.

But is it just me who is unsure about the current lineup of games? I'm really interested in destruction allstars, astroys playroom, maybe spiderman and whenever the future GTA 6 when it rolls around. Horizon looks kinda cool. But besides these Idk about the others. When I had a ps3 I absolutely loved warhawk, I played MAG too. I Havent played most popular ones like God of war or the last of us :(

What do y'all think? Are there more games to come before launch? Or should I wait it out for a while and buy a bundle later and see how the games play out? What games are you hyped for?

• The only reason to get a PS5 for me is Demon's Souls. Early console launch are usually pretty dismal. I usually wait a couple of years before thinking about getting a console now.

• I'm holding off getting ps5 simply because there isn't really any big must have game on there yet. Miles Morales is available on PS4 and while demon souls looks good, it's a remake of an older game, which in many fans eyes isn't as good as creators later efforts like dark souls or Bloodborne.

And from possible games this year the standout ones are going to be God of war and Horizon but neither are confirmed for this year. With the pandemic still causing havoc they may come out very late 2021 or even pushed back to next year.

However if God of war Ragnarok is released this year then I'm straight away getting one, loved the first one. Btw you have to play it, it's one of the greatest games ever. It's like a fairytale mixed with a movie mixed to a really fun combat game

• Disc version >

The controller is nice, cant go back to xbox

Havent play that much ps5 games, been catching with ps4 games that been updated with 4k/60 fps (GoT, Days gone, God of War, etc)

the PS collection games is fire/free.. u can always find ps plus half off every yr.. been stacking up on that

will go back to PC once i get the 3080 or 3090

• wait for the devs to come up with new impressive titles

it always takes a couple years for the devs to bring out titles that push the new tech to its peak

• while demon souls looks good, it's a remake of an older game, which in many fans eyes isn't as good as creators later efforts like dark souls or Bloodborne.

Just picking on an observation. Demon's Souls is on par with Dark Souls for most of people who started with Demon's Souls and in some aspects better while in others worse. It's just a different beast all considering. It's not like DS2 or DS3 which has a more of a consensus that were not as good as Dark Souls and it's easier to make a direct comparison. Maybe some Dark Souls late adopters fanboys may think it, but usually most of the key members of the community would put all three in similar pedestal.

Anyway this remake seems to change up some stuff enough for more hardcore fans of the series. Probably not enough to convince non-hardcore fans of souls series to get a PS5.

• Just picking on an observation. Demon's Souls is on par with Dark Souls for most of people who started with Demon's Souls and in some aspects better while in others worse. It's just a different beast all considering. It's not like DS2 or DS3 which has a more of a consensus that were not as good as Dark Souls and it's easier to make a direct comparison. Maybe some Dark Souls late adopters fanboys may think it, but usually most of the key members of the community would put all three in similar pedestal.

Anyway this remake seems to change up some stuff enough for more hardcore fans of the series. Probably not enough to convince non-hardcore fans of souls series to get a PS5.

I've seen the opposite. Most people who've played Dark Souls series don't rate demon's souls (at least the original) at the same level with possible exception of dark souls 2. DS3 Vs DS1 is closer with fans liking either one better than the other but DS1 being the more important almost genre defining game.

But I think everyone agrees Bloodborne is still From Softwares best game.

• I've seen the opposite. Most people who've played Dark Souls series don't rate demon's souls (at least the original) at the same level with possible exception of dark souls 2. DS3 Vs DS1 is closer with fans liking either one better than the other but DS1 being the more important almost genre defining game.

But I think everyone agrees Bloodborne is still From Softwares best game.

Like I said, Dark Souls fanboys may think this, specially with those slanted by the whole 360 x PS3 debate as Demon's Souls was an exclusive, so I take the opinion of these fans with a grain of salt. Most never touched Demon's Souls properly and spread this notion among more casual fanbase.

However, more hardcore fans of the whole series will put all three in similar level. They are just different takes of Soul series. Demon's Souls set the tone of the series. Dark Souls add the open world spin to the formula, and Bloodborne takes combat to a new level.

This discussion is kinda similar to fans of Final Fantasy. Some may have FF7 while dissing others while others may choose X, 6, and so on. Yeah, Bloodborne is more of a consensus between both camps. Still as one of the early adopter of the series, I have to voice this perspective as well.

• I got Miles Morales which is a great game, the other games not so much. I want the Sackboy Adventures because LBP was my childhood, like literally everyday, me and my brother would play an LBP game with our online friends on our PS3. We don't much anymore. But I can't wait for the new games they come out with! Also I want Demon Souls, that looks promising too.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• personally, I'm an Xbox fan but I think all that console wars is bs, I personally think the box is a little more organizing, but it also has its cons, and I know the PlayStation has the same amount of pro and cons as the Xbox, I have a series x there's still some cons here and there, But I really hate exclusive games, I can only play Little Big Planet 3 on the ps4, I'm not saying it a bad console, but I barely get to use it cause its not mine, my uncle once accidentally got shipped two ps4s so we just kinda kept it. But I can still list some pros for the PS4. However, I'm looking forward to Sackboy, even though I cant play it. But honestly good luck trying to buy it. my uncle has been trying since pre-orders got out and we still haven't gotten our hands on one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!