BTS changed their music style from HARD to SOFT because they don't have to prove anything anymore and is not angry.

• Okay this is MY OPINION, and I want to share it and hear your thoughts.

If you listen to BTS songs before, especially Cyphers, they go hard. If you read the lyrics of their older songs that like 'We On' and 'Dope' it's like they address haters. Now it is more like songs about the self.

I think it's because before they were underappreciated and was always ridiculed. But now that they proved their haters that they are wrong, they don't have to make songs like that anymore. They are now focusing on themselves instead of the public which I think is reaalllyyy good.

I also believe that is the cause of change in music? Some say they left ARMY cuz of the change in music but I think the change in music actually reflects their feelings and they should be happy for BTS.

What do you guys think?

• ellemae

Changed the title of the thread from “BTS changed their music style from hard the soft because they don't have to prove anything anymore.” to “BTS changed their music style from HARD to SOFT because they don't have to prove anything anymore and is not angry.”.
  • Mic Drop, their most iconic diss to their haters, released in 2017. In case you forgot, here we go

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Well, I would say they had very 'teenager-ys' songs when they started. No More Dreams or NO are a bit cringy today, but it made sense. If I was a eighteen years old, this is what I would sing about too, it made them more relatable.

Their image 'softened' when they grew up, because you can't stay a angry teenager all your life, an they started to build a more 'positive' ( but still very honest ) philosophy but their sounds is still pretty varied. From their last album, UGH was pretty rough, in all the good ways :yesr:

• Hmmm I think BTS roves about and in some ways their maturity hits even harder. Tear, D-2, Ddaeng, Mic Drop.... hard as a truck.

like my favorite stretch from MOTS:7 of Shadow -> Ugh, there's anger and pathos and mourning and moody frustration; there's a lot of darkness there, and quite hard. Hell, Black Swan and On are both angry cries of defiance in different ways, and are anything but soft.

BE Is a comfort album so it honestly was never going to have a rap-line body blow song, but hell Dis-ease is actually pointed and (that bridge!) hard-hitting af to me.

only thing that remained consistent about bts's music from 2013 to 2021 is that all are bops

This! they're all over the place it's glorious and so satisfying. :groovins: Like I can't believe I like their whole discog, all their side projects, etc; that's not how I tend to consume music at ALL

• Well their songs did mirror themselves at certain points. They have calmed down a bit, not as aggressive but they still do get angry but they’ve become more mature in handling it

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• Possibly if you're just looking at the title tracks, they have a more soft and relatable themes now more colour, less edge. Public friendly music sells better generally.

But as far as I know they still have hard b-sides, so I think they just become more rounded.

I personally perfered old bts title tracks so from debut to Run era or possibly BST era, After that I kinda faded in and out with the title tracks after that, stylistically they've just become more open which tends to draw in more fans which is good and shows growth, theres nothing wrong with that.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

• There is some truth here in my opinion. BTS music is always about how they feel and experience on that particular moment and that’s why their discography feel genuine. The innocent school boy dreams (school trilogy), The drive, ambition, burning anger and passion during their climb upwards (HYYH series, Wings), their fear of being so high up and charting where no kpop has charted before (Love Yourself trilogy), their love for the arts, each other and army (7)

If they continue their angry or success hunger suffering type songs, I don’t think it will be genuine lol

• There is some truth here in my opinion. BTS music is always about how they feel and experience on that particular moment and that’s why their discography feel genuine. The innocent school boy dreams (school trilogy), The drive, ambition, burning anger and passion during their climb upwards (HYYH series, Wings), their fear of being so high up and charting where no kpop has charted before (Love Yourself trilogy), their love for the arts, each other and army (7)

If they continue their angry or success hunger suffering type songs, I don’t think it will be genuine lol

And I think that’s why some people prefer old BTS songs because it resonates more and people can relate more.

• They changed direction for the sake of getting more radioplay in west

In reality they didn't changed that much, they rather just... started release brighter songs while still releasing dark songs

The point is when they try something more dark and obscure like On and Black Swan the reception is very lukewarm compared to songs Boy With Luv or Dynamite

Bright side BTS appeals to a more mainstream audience

Dark side BTS appeals mostly to armys and long therm kpop fans

• Which side is Spring Day then? :whatr:

• disagree

Tear only came out 2.5 years ago, and MOTS7 had some bangers on it, BE was made in the middle of a pandemic.

they could easily go fake love again imo

• Because their current music is very boring, the same cheap beat, boring production,... They need to pull back their old sound, which can make them more distinguished. The sound of their recent music getting more melody and repeatedly pattern.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!