Why have defamation lawsuits stopped working in korea recently

• Kpop stans used to say defamation lawsuits are highly biased towards the company and its very easy to destroy a victim through defamation lawsuits even when they are saying truth but that doesn't seems happening lately.

Victims are winning over big companies like what happened in case of April bullying scandal and itzy lia bullying scandal.

If victims are able to win over big companies in these unfair defamation lawsuits which companies throw to shut the truth then its really remarkable.

I hope victims get justice

• Can this user get banned? they are so toxic and transparent in hating.

Like how many threads they made to call out Lia when it's still not confirmed.

Their threads generate discussion tbf. Maybe the mods see it as a necessary evil but who knows really :/

• I will only talk to someone who actually knows about these laws instead of jumping into canceling people based on exaggerated or mistranslated situations. We can make 1000 assumptions and will never know what actually happened.

I work with an estate advisory agency that helps to plan for the estate distribution and legacy of clients am I professional enough?

• Official Post

Mods have rules they have to follow, though their interpretation may vary. According to the rules though, trolling itself is not against those rules, but doing it in "highly offensive ways" or to "intentionally incite fanwars" is.

I'm not a mod and this is not to the very egregious level that I'd step in (hate speech, extreme racism), but it is annoying. With every post he makes - pushing the same end game narrative of cancelling Itzy/Lia - it should bring mods closer and closer to certainty of what his aim is.

My advice: keep reporting.

• Mods have rules they have to follow, though their interpretation may vary. According to the rules though, trolling itself is not against those rules, but doing it in "highly offensive ways" or to "intentionally incite fanwars" is.

I'm not a mod and this is not to the very egregious level that I'd step in (hate speech, extreme racism), but it is annoying. With every post he makes - pushing the same end game narrative of cancelling Itzy/Lia - it should bring mods closer and closer to certainty of what his aim is.

Nooo don't report, we want to .....

• Mods have rules they have to follow, though their interpretation may vary. According to the rules though, trolling itself is not against those rules, but doing it in "highly offensive ways" or to "intentionally incite fanwars" is.

Trolls can be funny sometimes ngl. But lately a lot of new accounts are just inciting hate for other groups with no humor. It's getting out of hand.

lt64IYu.gif

• Hmm. OP looks like a disposable account for trolling/baiting purposes in order to keep the troll's main account clean :/

But ok, on topic: there's very little proof to work with for the police in a 'he said, she said' situation of years ago.

One persons says it was just a fight, other person says it was traumatising and bullying.

Who's right?

Personally I think the whole bullying crusade in SK has gone overboard: yes, bullying should be addressed and people should already at a young age be informed about how wrong it is.

But it has turned into a witch hunt (or a McCarthy communist hunt thing) complete with online lynch mobs, where every fight and conflict people had in high school is upgraded and tagged 'bullying' and where the accused is deemed guilty until proven innocent, while in reality it should be innocent until proven guilty.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Official Post

Trolls can be funny sometimes ngl. But lately a lot of new accounts are just inciting hate for other groups with no humor. It's getting out of hand.

Imagine my disappointment. I was looking for some laughs || Instead I see the same old faux concern regurgitated. Again <X WHERE HAVE THE FUNNY TROLLS GONE? Maybe it's their day off. :melon_think:

• Yep. It's kinda like the witch hunts in the Middle Ages: it wasn't even about who was really guilty or not (in fact, all were innocent since none were witches who could fly, control the weather, create working curses etc), for most people it was entertainment to go to a witch burning and see someone who was disliked or who people were jealous of or felt threatened by, get burnt on the stake.

Same with now: most people don't care whether an idol is actually guilty or not, they just want to see idols that aren't their bias or that they dislike get humiliated and their career damaged.

On top of that, many project their own traumas and fears of bullying onto the situation, where the accused idol functions as the replacement dummy for the ones who bullied or insulted them at school.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!