Are Everglow really boycotted in Korea?

• Doesn't look that to me though. I feel groups like Z-girls, Honey Popcorn, EXP Edition and PRISMA belongs in the term ''boycott'' more than Everglow.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Mainland China YueHua Ent. is also under a squeeze, after being unable to release their TV show they filmed, + the weird thing( idk what's going on but apparently a lot of chinese citizens are boycotting Yuehua and their affiliates because of a smear campaign? --totally unverified still for me btw)

They might be moving funds back to mainland is what i'm trying to say.

• Situation is more complex than just boycotted

Mainland China YueHua Ent. is also under a squeeze, after being unable to release their TV show they filmed, + the weird thing( idk what's going on but apparently a lot of chinese citizens are boycotting Yuehua and their affiliates because of a smear campaign? --totally unverified still for me btw)

They might be moving funds back to mainland is what i'm trying to say.

They won't move resources back to China. They just signed Hanbin and will probably debut a BG soon. Furthermore Kim sungjoo is almost done with his military service, so he will have a lot of activities soon.

Also have you seen the mass Advertisements Everglow has been getting?

External Content twitter.com

They are literally just getting started.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

Edited once, last by winniethepb ().

• Glad to see!

(I was just regurgitating rumors from my mom lmao she a cpop fan bigtime -- though hates yuehua for some reason)

They hate Yuehua because Yuehua ruined many trainee's futures... The thing is... it's not just Yuehua.

• Yea like Xiao Zhan is still under a slave contract from his Boy group days, despite being basically independent at this point.

I don't think Yuehua is terrible, I think they are shit at conveying their thoughts. If Yuehua was really signing slave contracts, why would people still join and continue to resign as an artist?

I just read an article and thread on the "Slave Contract" controversy where Yuehua's CEO wants trainees to not break contracts until the contract expires. I can see where she is coming from because many trainees take advantage of contracts by "Company Bidding". Basically, trainees share their existing contracts with another agency and try to get a better deal. I'm sure the company definitely takes a toll financially if such occurs.

Yuehua is successful for reasons so they must be getting something right. If Yuehua's contracts are really bad, why would trainees keep signing with Yuehua, why would Chengxiao's sister sign with Yuehua?

I think speculations and rumors have made a big impact on Yuehua but for any company to bypass social conflicts, it's always best to stay silent until the GP forgets.

• I don't think Yuehua is terrible, I think they are shit at conveying their thoughts. If Yuehua was really signing slave contracts, why would people still join and continue to resign as an artist?

I just read an article and thread on the "Slave Contract" controversy where Yuehua's CEO wants trainees to not break contracts until the contract expires. I can see where she is coming from because many trainees take advantage of contracts by "Company Bidding". Basically, trainees share their existing contracts with another agency and try to get a better deal. I'm sure the company definitely takes a toll financially if such occurs.

Yuehua is successful for reasons so they must be getting something right. If Yuehua's contracts are really bad, why would trainees keep signing with Yuehua, why would Chengxiao's sister sign with Yuehua?

I think speculations and rumors have made a big impact on Yuehua but for any company to bypass social conflicts, it's always best to stay silent until the GP forgets.

I'm not saying YueHua is signing these slave contracts, its just there are examples of stars that are ensnared in them.

Xiao Zhan has a 10 year contract and its still within the 10 years so he's pretty much stuck with it until its over.

I don't understand the media situation over at the mainland though -- there's lotsa talk about buying views, smearing people, faking accounts, etc but I don't see a lick of evidence.

• I'm not saying YueHua is signing these slave contracts, its just there are examples of stars that are ensnared in them.

Xiao Zhan has a 10 year contract and its still within the 10 years so he's pretty much stuck with it until its over.

I don't understand the media situation over at the mainland though -- there's lotsa talk about buying views, smearing people, faking accounts, etc but I don't see a lick of evidence.

it's there...lol

if people thought knetz were bad cnetz are on another level...

• I'm not saying YueHua is signing these slave contracts, its just there are examples of stars that are ensnared in them.

I don't know who Xiao Zhan is... Can you give me the back story

• I don't know who Xiao Zhan is... Can you give me the back story

https://jingdaily.com/the-dark…of-chinas-idol-economies/

Found this article -- it pretty much matches what I've heard.

Edit: it leaves off pretty early.

Xiao Zhan eventually goes on to solidify such a support base that he is able to sell out any sponsorship he touches -- to the dismay of Yibo's followers. On top of that there is almost a "sales blockade" that the fans have been engaging in, where they would just not buy things that would support people or stars that have said unsavory things about Xiao Zhan, and sometimes were even criticized for not watching others' shows.

Mind you XZ himself hasn't supported or criticized the actions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!