Do you refuse to listen to some artists' music, even though you like their music?

• Okay, so I kind of have this 'relationship' with Zico's music. I think he's extremely talented and his music is really good, but I haven't been comfortable while listening to it ever since that scandal with Jung Joon Young and the mention of the Golden phone. That was kind of brushed off and I know nothing was proven regarding Zico, but his excuse about the contact list never sat right with me. So that left sort of a sour taste in my mouth. Also, he always seemed kind of arrogant, but I thought he had the right to considering how he went through the hardships of idol life and was also a really talented producer. I know some people will find this stupid, but I was really wondering if people stop listening to artists when they 'fuck up'. I mean, lots of people still listen to Chris Brown and he's a douche...

• Official Post

Not for me personally, at least not for musicians. I think it's easier for me to disconnect things that musicians or even authors do because my connection isn't always specifically about their person. I do have actors where I try to avoid watching films they're in.

It's not a weird thing to do at all, so don't think it's stupid. :pepelove1:

• I had the same favourite artist since 2004 but I don't listen to him anymore for reasons too horrifying and upsetting to go into.

And my bar is low. I still listen to Azealia Banks' racist, homophobic ass.

• I liked some songs by Seungri but I never listened to his songs again since the scandal :pepestare:

Yeah, I really liked his album, but then the BS scandal happened and my opinion of him drastically worsened. Even if in the end he gets away with his crimes or is proven innocent or whatever, I can't help but to find him really sleazy... Good thing I was never a major BIGBANG fan, their really devoted fans probably had some conflicting feelings regarding the whole situation.

• I had the same favourite artist since 2004 but I don't listen to him anymore for reasons too horrifying and upsetting to go into.

And my bar is low. I still listen to Azealia Banks' racist, homophobic ass.

I'm the type of person who only knows Azealia as the woman who filmed herself while cooking her dead cat's bones...

• Smeraldo

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you refuse to listen some artists' music, even though you like their music?” to “Do you refuse to listen to some artists' music, even though you like their music?”.
  • I'm the type of person who only knows Azealia as the woman who filmed herself while cooking her dead cat's bones...

I mean, she is known for being messy as hell. Getting into a fight with Russel Crowe. Camping out in Elon Musk's house while he and Grimes left to avoid her. Etc.

But she's also seriously hateful.

I specifically remember one night when she went on an hours-long tirade at Zayn Malik on Twitter. She called him a homophobic slur (for the avoidance of doubt: the one that starts with the letter "f"). She joked that the US military would kill his family. She said she'd refer to him as "Punjab" from that moment forward, and made fun of his "curry breath".

That's just what I remember. She went on and on like this. I remember some 14 year old Disney actress told her to calm down and she went off at HER as well, calling her ugly or some shit.

She's fucking awful as a person.

• Damn, she really is...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!