Does SM intentionally makes public unfriendly songs?

• You know what.

Say what you want about your Zimzalabims and your I Got a Boys.

End of the day, those songs are remembered. They're still talked about.

There's an obsession with objective performance metrics, but in terms of building profile and notoriety, those songs did a lot for their groups.

And the "flop" is hyperbole when talking about most of these songs. Next Level is a hit. Which makes it public friendly by definition, surely.

• Seems like Kpop fans outside Korea are a lot more pressed by it than people in Korea judging by the success of aespa right now.

Also would this be the time to mention that some of the songs that were consistently topping the Korean charts are not what everyone seems to be thinking on this forum is what the Korean GP is interested in. It’s not just ballads, y’all.

#1 on Gaon Digital chart for 5 weeks..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

#1 on Gaon Digital chart for 7 weeks..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Edited once, last by the101: Missing a not.. ().

• Well yeah. Otherwise you'd end up with songs sounding the same as any other. Like or hate the songs at least SM groups try out different things instead of recycling stuff

• "Any Song" by Zico is artistically his best track to date. It was dope. All chart toppers aren't going to be dope but when it happens, it's a good thing.

• "Any Song" by Zico is artistically his best track to date. It was dope. All chart toppers aren't going to be dope but when it happens, it's a good thing.

I agree. I like the track - I’m just making the point that people seem to think the GP is only interested in candy coated pop or slow ballads and that’s not actually what they’re always listening to.

EDIT: I realized I was missing a “not” in my original post. The Korean GP is not just interested in ballads.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I can't see any difference between songs frome SME groups and other groups from other companies, pretty much the same. I mean a lot of them the songs are done by non-korean songwritters anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!