BTS total Equivalent must be around 75 million by now

• like last year they sold well over 10 million albums alone

Add Stream and download equivalents with right pricing. ( like ifpi reduced weightage of 50 million chinese sing and put it at 7 in top 10 songs means like it was around 10 million units by ifpi, so pricing matters in weightage)

They must have sold between 15 to 20 million in equivalent in 2020.

They must be around 70 to 75 million by now

If they have 2 comebacks this year, by mid 2022 they will join legendary 100 million club

Amazing

And by 100 million i mean equivalent album sales

Not adding of 10 cent single with an album. Consumption units used by ifpi and billboard.

Recent artists to join 100 million are Rihanna, taylor swift. Adele and Drake are over 90 million

BTS literally best selling artist to debut in 2010s

• Theyre at 67 million currently based on chartmasters and will pass Gaga, Pink, and Ed Sheeran with their next album.

Theyre also the best selling Asian artist ever already.

• Not in total record sales

Ifpi international federation uses equivalents. Where download and streams are converted

So record sales are not counted the way you wish to . Adding an album with a single lol

By thay logic Rihanna outsold Madonna mariah celine and Pink floyd Led zepplin lol?

No.

Equivalency is used by ifpi

I will go with them

BTS outsold them in equivalents and that is what matters.

Katy perry label few days back said she sold 48 million equivalent . Labels who add extra millions didn't use record sales!

Ifpi dont use it. I trust ifpi over fans

So agree to disagree

• Theyre at 67 million currently based on chartmasters and will pass Gaga, Pink, and Ed Sheeran with their next album.

Theyre also the best selling Asian artist ever already.

Chartmasters 67 million doesnot include their BE album sales and their catalog

They are over 70 million already!

• Then they might become pretty close to 80m with next album + Butter + Japanese Best Of!

They will be over 80 million by year end from these

But if they have one more comeback, it can be between 85 to 90 million

But 100 million by 2022 end is assured. Now it is upto them, if they want it faster!

• They will be over 80 million by year end from these

But if they have one more comeback, it can be between 85 to 90 million

But 100 million by 2022 end is assured. Now it is upto them, if they want it faster!

90 million would put them close to top 50 artists ever :pepe-toast:

• I think so.

Chartmasters have them at 66.8 for September 2020 sales update and streaming up-to-date.

Add BE physical sales (3.2m roughly) and other physicals (around 1m) so that takes them to around 71m.

Now Dynamite is 3*Platinum in US alone. So just guess the worldwide nos of 'Dynamite'.

Then there are BE digital sales.

So I think 75m has been reached already.

Japanese compilation album and new korean album and 'Butter' are slotted to release this year.

• Dynamite might even make top 10 ifpi this year again! So it gonna add few more millions!

Wonder how this one smash?

Can they have 2 top 10 ifpi songs? That will be legendary feat if they pull it off

• The sales logic you put, If according to this logic BTS surpass 100 million sales, will they get Chopard Diamond Award?

I am really curious. If yes, then they will be elligible for this prestigeous award in mid of 2022.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…roughout%20their%20career.

It depends. It is not regular award and even britney didnt get it

Taylor Rihanna are already over 100 million , and if adele comes back this year , Drake are candidates too. Many artists from older generation hasn't received it either. And there are like many artists over 100 million.

So its long list

And my sales logic is used by ifpi when they named most consumed albums this year. And mots 7 had like 7 million units by year end!

Equivalent method is used today to stop inflation of adding cheap digitals with albums.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!