Any K-drama recommendations

• jkI like romance, comedy, mystery, and a bit of horror/thriller

This seems like me ^^

about 80% of my watched KDramas fall in this category.

Here are my suggestions:

- Backstreet Rookie (Action, Comedy, Drama, Romance)

Jung Saet Byul is a 22-year-old four-dimensional girl with amazing fighting skills who loves her friends, family, and retro fashion. She has the boys lined up but only has one person who keeps her distracted, Choi Dae Hyun. He became imprinted on her as an unforgettable person after a cigarette errand three years ago. Three years later, Jung Saet Byul meets Choi Dae Hyun again at his convenience store that he now manages and becomes a part-time worker. Here, Saet Byul and Dae Hyun’s love story begins as they heal the wounds of the heart, gain love, and become adults dreaming of the future. Their stories unfold into a pleasant comedy within the familiar sensibility of a convenience store.

- Bring It On, Ghost (Comedy, Horror, Manga, Romance, Supernatural)

A cohabitation comedy about a ghost and an exorcist who is a 17-year-old boy with the ability to see and hear ghosts. What he’s discovered over the years is that he can touch them and fight them off, so when he’s in need of a part-time job and can’t find one that pays well enough, he starts putting ads online as an exorcist for hire. His ad: “Will face off with your ghosts. Chances of winning: virgin ghosts 80%, bachelor ghosts 40%, child ghosts 97%, the rest 50%.” One night he goes out on the job and faces off with a schoolgirl ghost, and during the fight they accidentally kiss and sparks fly.

- Healer (Action, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Thriller)

Seo Jung Hoo is so-called "errand boy". For a relevant price he may complete any task, only if it's not connected with murder. Under Healer's mask he had run foul of some organizations that now strive to catch him, however no one knows who he really is. He can count on older woman's help, genius hacker responsible for the technical part of their job. One of his tasks is closely connected to one girl, Chae Yeong Shin, second rate tabloid reporter. She starts to have an interest about Healer when he tries to get close to her, which results in the discovery of their common past.

- Her private life (Comedy, Drama, Friendship, Life, Romance)

A romantic comedy about a talented gallery curator named Sung Duk Mi, who is an idol fangirl underneath her professional veneer. Meanwhile, her boss Ryan becomes a passionate fanboy of her. Sung Duk Mi lives a double life as both a gallery curator and a home master for a fansite about Si An, an idol group member. She’s a pro in both aspects of her life, and because of her fangirl dedication, Duk Mi has had to break up with several boyfriends, deciding instead to go all in for her fangirl activities instead of dating. Ryan is a new director at the gallery where Duk Mi works. Once a painter, Ryan was a sensation in the art world from his debut to his retirement, and is now seeing career success as a director. An individualist through and through, Ryan comes to find out about Duk Mi’s double life. This series is based on the web novel "Noona Fan Dot Com" by Kim Sung Yeon.

- Hospital Playlist (Comedy, Drama, Friendship, Life, Medical)

A drama depicting the stories of people going through their days that seemingly ordinary but actually special, at the hospital, a place known as the microcosm of life - where someone is being born and someone's life meets their ending. The five doctors are long time friends of 20 years who started their undergrad in 1999 in the same medical school, and now they are colleagues in the same hospital. The drama will also deal with a story of a band formed by the group of doctors.

- Hotel del Luna (Action, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural)

Jang Man Wol is the CEO of Hotel del Luna. The hotel is situated in downtown in Seoul and has a very old appearance. She made a big error many years ago and, because of this, she has been stuck at Hotel del Luna. She is beautiful, but she is fickle, suspicious and greedy. Goo Chan Sung worked as the youngest assistant manager ever at a multinational hotel corporation. He is a sincere perfectionist. He looks level-headed, but he actually has a soft disposition. Due to an unexpected case, he begins to work as a manager at Hotel del Luna. The hotel's clientele consists of ghosts.

- Let's Eat (Comedy, Drama, Food, Romance)

Let's Eat depicts the daily life and romance of a single woman and a murder case occurs in her neighborhood. Lee Soo-Kyung is a 33-year-old single woman. She divorced when she was in her 20's and now lives alone. She always wants to carry herself with dignity, but she loses self-control when she is near gourmet foods. Koo Dae-Young is a gourmet, especially talented with describing the taste of foods. He often lies when he opens his mouth, but he is usually considerate to others.

- Search: WWW (Drama, Fantasy, Romance)

Bae Ta Mi works as a director for a big web portal company. She is in her late 30's and is quite competitive. With her competitiveness, Ta Mi enjoys success. The methods she uses to win has her wondering if she is doing the right thing with her life. Has she sacrificed too much of her personal life for success? Park Mo Gun is a man in his 20's and is a gifted composer. He creates music for video games. Mo Gun meets Ta Mi at an arcade. He falls in love with her due to her competitive spirit.

- Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance)

Do Bong Soon is said to be so strong that touching something carelessly can result in a breakage. Meanwhile, In Dook Goo has been harboring an unrequited crush on her since elementary school. When she becomes the bodyguard of chaebol heir Ahn Min Hyuk, they quickly get involved in a twisted love triangle.

- Vincenzo (Comedy, Crime, Drama, Romance)

At the age of 8, Park Joo Hyeong went to Italy after he was adopted. He is now an adult and has the name of Vincenzo Casano. He is a lawyer, who works for the Mafia as a consigliere. Because of a war between mafia groups, he flees to South Korea. In South Korea, he gets involved with Lawyer Hong Cha Young. She is the type of attorney who will do anything to win a case.

- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (Comedy, Romance, Sports)

This drama is inspired by the life of South Korean Olympic weightlifter gold-medalist Jang Mi Ran and it’s about college athletes who fighting for their dreams and finding love. Kim Bok Joo is a student in Hanwool College of Physical Education. She has shown strength like no other since she was a child as influenced by her former weightlifter father. She looks thoughtless at a first glance, but inside she’s as fragile as glass and has deep recognition. Jung Joon Hyeong is Kim Bok Joo’s best friend. He is a born swimmer but ever since he was disqualified from his first international event, he suffers from ‘start trauma’. Along with Kim Bok Joo, he overcomes his troubles and finds his dream and love. Song Shi Ho is a rhythm gymnast who also attends Hanwool College of Physical Education. She started gymnastics since she was 5 and won the Asian Games at the age of 18. She’s always been the best since then but mental pressure caused her to break up with Jung Joon Hyung and regret it.

• Ongoing dramas that I'm currently watching and absolutely love:

Taxi Driver - good action thriller, pretty original story. Lee Je Hoon's amazing in it.

Youth Of May - really, really beautiful. Beautiful story, beautiful cinematography, and it's set in the 80s (I love dramas set in the 20th century, it's kind of nostalgic, although I wasn't even born back then). But beware, it is a tragedy.

Some of my absolute favorites:

Tomorrow With You - although it has it's flaws, I watched this one two times, that's how much I love it. Also, I feel like a lot of people haven't even heard about it, it's really not mentioned often.

Radiant - an underrated masterpiece. It turns out to be something completely different than what you initially thought you were watching and that's what's amazing about it. Lots of people didn't like it because they expected a 'simple' romantic story, but it's so much more than that and is really worth watching.

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - it seems like your standard YA rom-com, but what's really refreshing about it is how it's stepping all over the typical drama cliches and tropes. It was also really funny.

Extraordinary You - again, a little bit cheesy, but also makes fun of the cheesy shoujo/rom-com cliches and tropes. Also, the female lead is such a loveable and funny character. Kim Hye Yoon became one of my favorite actresses after that.

Save Me - amazing thriller with an interesting plot.

Circle - again, a really interesting thriller with sci-fi elements. Also, quite underrated. It does have sort of an open ending, though.

Flower Of Evil - favorite drama of 2020.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!