Trying to get into anime

• I watched erased, silent voice, the promised never land, half of the Dragon slayer, one episode of death note and a couple I can’t remember because I got bored.

Any anime recommendations that are thrilling and fast paced? Something exciting.

I think this is because I’ve watched way too much thriller kdramas that my expectations are high :crys:

• thrilling and fast paced?

try Kimi No Na Wa

its almost a generic classic at this point but its really so fucking good

one of the few really mainstream stories that i actually love so much because of how ingenuine the characters felt

and the animation and music together with the dialogue made it a masterpiece

• Yes that’s on my list. I loved silent voice and this art is so :love:

• did you find Death Note boring or did something else turn u off? need to know so I can think of a better recommendation :/

I’m not sure why honestly. I really like the concept about it but I just can’t bring myself to finish it. I didn’t like the whole devil skeleton soul guy thingy too. I don’t like monsters, robots, or anything supernatural unless it’s like REALLY good. I know i’m picky but that’s how my brain is :sleeping:

• Try movies like Paprika, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, and Perfect Blue (from Satoshi Kon) and Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through the Time, Mirai, and Wolf Children (Mamoru Hosoda).

Dunno what kinda of fast paced you want. Maybe try Blood Blockade Battlefront, Kill la Kill, or Baccano. I think they are fast paced. Something more like Erased could be Steins Gate and Eden of the East. Monster and Ghost in the Shell could be good options for thriller, but they are longer series.

• Try movies like Paprika, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, and Perfect Blue (from Satoshi Kon) and Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through the Time, Mirai, and Wolf Children (Mamoru Hosoda).

Dunno what kinda of fast paced you want. Maybe try Blood Blockade Battlefront, Kill la Kill, or Baccano. I think they are fast paced. Something more like Erased could be Steins Gate and Eden of the East. Monster and Ghost in the Shell could be good options for thriller, but they are longer series.

Thank you for the detailed comment!! I’ll go check these out ^^

• I’m not sure why honestly. I really like the concept about it but I just can’t bring myself to finish it. I didn’t like the whole devil skeleton soul guy thingy too. I don’t like monsters, robots, or anything supernatural unless it’s like REALLY good. I know i’m picky but that’s how my brain is :sleeping:

Try Psycho Pass (season 1) if you don't mind sci-fi

you also might like Dr. Stone and Vinland Saga

• Some big name but generally easy to watch anime

Full metal alchemist Brotherhood (there a 2003 version but halfway through it ran out of source material and made its own anime original 2nd half which isn't as good)

Code Geas

Attack on Titan (first season slows down a lot in the middle but stick with it, it gets REALLY good later on)

Puella magi madoka magica

Dr Stone

Cowboy Bebop

Etc

There's also the big 3 of Naruto, One piece and bleach but they're all REALLY long and have lots of pacing issues so they're only recommend if you are committed to watching them

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!