This needs to stop and here's why…

• After many years of being a K-pop fan and being in and out of fandoms, I noticed the superiority complex many fans have. Some people like to act better just because they stan a certain group/artist, which is just dumb in my opinion. Stanning a certain group does not make you a better person or validate toxic actions against others. Stanning a group just means you are supporting an artist, and just because one artist may be more popular or have more strong points than another does NOT mean they are superior! Liking someone that may be more talented doesn’t mean you can bash others who aren’t on their level. At the end of the day they’re both artists, and they both work hard. While constructive criticism is OK, sending hate towards someone just because you feel someone is better than them is not.

At the end of the day they’re on stage showing their art to the world while you’re leaving hate comments behind a computer thinking you made points cause your fav is “more talented.” And of course I feel most of us are guilty of doing this at least once, I know I have myself, which is why I’m making this post to address it now. I feel we need to change as K-POP fans. We are fans, not the idols. We aren’t the ones who are in comparison with these other artists, so we need to learn our place as fans and people. Our favs did not work hard just for us to bash others with their hard work, they worked hard so they would be seen as themselves. Comparing others to your fav is just you wanting more people to be like them, which is never achievable because everyone is different. So, let’s stop using our favs as shields for ourselves while hurting others and let’s learn to spread more love than negativity. The internet is already a very toxic place, so let’s not make it more toxic, let’s try to make a difference with it. Spread love, not hate. Help people grow without making them hate things about themselves. Be the better person :)

:iloveyoub:

• interesting...there's nothing wrong technically with your comments

it comes down to semantics and interpretation over the terms bashing/hate/constructive criticism

• Superiority from K-Pop fans, especially success stans, is the most pointless thing. It's like they think we all had to study to qualify to stan a K-Pop group, and only the ones who pass every single level get to stan the most popular groups and then brag about it.

But at the other extreme, you're not a better person if you are determined to only like obscure groups and make threads about "under-rated groups and songs that deserve better". Not everyone has the time to listen to every new group and every new release in a saturated market.

It's annoying both ways. But the stans who stomp about everywhere with "We were put through hell (back in some year when I'd never heard of K-Pop yet but I read an article about my faves getting a black ocean from k-stans and omg I'm crying so hard) and you will all suffer because of it!" are the worst. Just listen to your songs, fap to your photocards, and shut up.

• For sure, much toxicity... but you were just writing the other day about how Kpop singers are technically no good, right, except for one particular group?

Pick a tune to play and stick to it, maybe!

I have picked my tune! I want to spread positivity and love <3 I was not thinking well before and have apologized. Please do not keep bringing hate where it is not needed!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!