Jungkook, Sana and lethargic summer days in the country

• They were both as miserable-looking as anybody could be after all the things they'd done. Exhausted, Sana fell asleep in the backseat as the car roared past Suwon. We stopped at a gas station; Sana was still asleep. Jungkook took up some small talk with a gorgeous country girl wearing a low-cut cotton blouse that displayed the beautiful moles on her breast tops. She spoke with him about the scenic routes that were available to us if we were to keep going south. She spoke of lethargic days in the country. Once this would have gladdened my heart but because her heart was not glad when she said it I knew there was nothing in it but the idea of what one should do. 'And what else do you do for fun?' Jungkook tried to bring up boyfriends and loves. Her great dark eyes surveyed us with emptiness and a kind of chagrin that reached back generations and generations in her blood from not having done what was crying to be done-- whatever it was to her. She didn't have the slightest idea what she wanted.

We got back into the car. Sana rose up diligently in the back seat like humid rays emanating from the road. During that juncture on the ride, our conversation turned to the subject of summers of yore. 'What did you mostly do on warm summer days when you were growing up?' I asked Sana. She sat on the porch, she watched the cars in the road. She and her mother made ice shavings now and then. 'What are you aching to do now?' She didn't know. She yawned. She was sleepy again. It was too much. Nobody could tell. Nobody could ever tell. She was twenty-three and most lovely, and lost.

• It is not fiction. It should not be relegated to the Fan Fiction section. Please return it to its rightful place.

Bruh, this is sorta concerning. None of this happened. It’s just a figment of your imagination and I mean this in the nicest way possible. Like honestly, if you really believe that this happened, that’s really concerning.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!