I think STAYC utilized lack of major group comebacks

• because of long hiatuses of Oh My Girl, Red Velvet, ITZY, Apink but also because of disbandment news for IZ*ONE, and a hiatus of mid groups like Everglow etc.

this seriously made a "gap" which STAYC utilized well

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree the timing is good.. and honestly I always knew they’ll chart better just didn’t know when, the reaction from pann and theqoo are really good for them and there is a lot of interest.. hopefully ASAP keeps rising and the next cb is a hit

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Arguably the most important thing for "making it" is timing. Sadly, lots of labels haven't figured that out and make comebacks at the worst time possible (I'm looking at you Weki Meki).

I think BEP was very smart to give them a comeback now. It's not too long since their debut, there are like ZERO girl groups promoting right now, and I think Korea is really in the mood for a catchy girl group comeback. It was also smart to not give them a girl crush concept because there has been too much of that. I hope they continue to rise because StayC and Weeekly gave me hope for this gen.

• Timing is a factor but overall I think the "gp" actually like them. Weeekly released a song that's really good and is well received within same time frame but they aren't doing as well on the melon chart.

I just see it more as stayC being destined to be a top group, they have everything to succeed it's just to see how far they go. What high up has done so far is excellent, they are marketed very well, the girls seems to have really bright personalities, they are decent vocalists and they have BEP.

Also I don't think Everglow would have had an effect on them considering Everglow are the one of the 3(Aespa will probably be the 4th) 4th gen GG competing with Itzy internationally but can't break into the Korean market(they deserve better).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!