MLD is really shamless with the ads for their new group with the barcode name

• So I go on their new song i think asurabalbalta, i think I just butchered it but that’s beyond the point. And I see they have 31m. views but only 206k likes which in itself is enough proof but to be sure I go on my trusty website and see that at the time they had 20.2 million views, 91.5% were from ads?!!??

Imagine spending momolands big bucks on ads for your new group before getting them a producer for new and better songs🤔🤔

Source: Don’t mind the other group under them I couldn’t further crop it

1A9599C4-F2EE-4BE6-A68C-25DCA498217F.jpeg

I want to get to the bottom of this so best believe you’ll be seeing more of these because these groups I thought were soo promising aren’t promising at all

• redvelvettytrack

Changed the title of the thread from “MLD is really shamless with the adds for their new group with the barcode name” to “MLD is really shamless with the ads for their new group with the barcode name”.
  • Lots of cases like this especially with rookies lately, StayC ASAP and Purple Kiss Debut is kinda severe as well, not 90% of ads but around 70%

StayC (스테이씨) ASAP 20.4 m ~15.0 m ~9.0 m 73,4%
    Purple Kiss (퍼플키스) Ponzona 19.1 m ~13.0 m ~2.0 m 68,1%

Yup, I was looking through them and almost all the rookie groups have a song where over 50% are ads but respect for aespa bc they don’t even use much

• Yup. The ones with the most ads tend to be less known groups or people that are known but just have weak streaming game

so then the argument is to not pay for as many ads for such groups and to spent the money instead on different methods of promotion?

• so then the argument is to not pay for as many ads for such groups and to spent the money instead on different methods of promotion?

Right. Because just with the view to like ratio people will catch on. Also streams now are counted towards some music shows. sajaegi (chart manipulation) is unethical and in some cases illegal. Instead of buying views I recommend a better name and songs that drift away from the already saturated kpop scene

• Right. Because just with the view to like ratio people will catch on. Also streams now are counted towards some music shows. sajaegi (chart manipulation) is unethical and in some cases illegal. Instead of buying views I recommend a better name and songs that drift away from the already saturated kpop scene

better name for the group?

different songs hmmmm

interesting would one not argue in kpop the product is really the group and the members and that in kpop one is essentially selling the idols and the concept of the idols and thus monies should be spent towards that purpose?

• 1st it's because youtube is hella cutting organic views/range

2nd it's because youtube algorithm also started to suck, for example it surprisingly would promote some clip from 2015 instead of new releases

3rd for STAYC and Purple K!SS it's because girls have MV's on their own group youtube channels, so it's good thing to promote those channels even if it's with ads.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I know the website that you go to for the "trusted" views from adds. There is a significant flaw in how they do this though. They use the views from the youtube charts and if during the week the youtube charts data shows that group x got say 1M views for that week but the views on the actual youtube video show 10M views they then conclude that 9M views were from adds. This is 100% note the actual fact. In order for you views to be recorded on the chart data it must be in the top 100 MV for that country. Thus if you have say 2MV from India, 2M view from united states all with no adds yet fail to meet the minimum views to get in the top 100 of that country you get zero per this website. Another flaw using this method is that many countries are not charted. Taiwan as they don't want to anger the PRC by seperating them from china and china blocks youtube altogether. Thailand is also not on the list and they are huge youtube users.

This can be proven by taking a well known group that is local to that country only really and would not appear on other countries chart. Group y would have say 3.2M views. It is sufficient for that country and then you look at world wide and you see 4.2M. Those additional 1M come from un-charted but legitimate views from other counties that are not being put on the chart listings.

There is NO absolute way to know how many adds are being done unless you have information direct from youtube all of which is hidden from the general populace.

• yeah, there's a number of YT channels that rank the weekly views.

This group was particularly egregious. One week they'd have 10 million views, the next week 95k views and the next week 15 million views then back down to 100k views.

I don't buy that it's good marketing to buy ads for groups, because clearly no one is watching the MVs.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!