Any online account that's been inactive for 5+ years should be deleted!!

• i think there should be a law that states All online accounts should be deleted after 5 years of inactivity.

I've used the internet for 16 years. It's not like I remember website accounts that I created when I was 10! Or even 15! These accounts could get hacked today, and I might have some sensitive or embarassing content there. At least outlook accounts get deleted after a few years of inactivity.

• google has this thing where they'll occasionally make an open season (when they start running out of space) nuking accounts that have been inactive for 4 years.

Personally I think that's a good idea.

I wonder if spotify deletes old accounts. A year ago i was able to find a playlist from one of my old spotify accounts that i created as a kid (and i couldn't remember the email since i had like 30 emails as a kid)

So i just ended up adding the playlist to my new spotify account. But then a few months ago the playlist just disappeared. And when i searched for the username of my old account, there was nothing.

I tried googling and apparently spotify doesn't delete inactive accounts. So strange.

• I miss the good ol' days actually. I had a membership too but I completely forgot about it and this thread sparked my memory for some reason lmao

the thing I'm worried most about right now is that if my username was embarrassing :pepe-back-away:

• i think there should be a law that states All online accounts should be deleted after 5 years of inactivity.

I've used the internet for 16 years. It's not like I remember website accounts that I created when I was 10! Or even 15! These accounts could get hacked today, and I might have some sensitive or embarassing content there. At least outlook accounts get deleted after a few years of inactivity.

The only bad thing that will happen because of this is the fact that old funny youtube videos will get deleted if the owner of the channel doesn't log in again. But i think safety is more important.

• the thing I'm worried most about right now is that if my username was embarrassing :pepe-back-away:

LMAOOO

I don't even remember my username but that username...is interesting lmao. I like it, also...the mind of a 4 year old lol

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I’ve been trying to delete my Twitter account that I’ve had for seven years but it won’t let me. I’ve actually forgotten the original password I made back in 2014 and it won’t accept any new ones. It’s annoying as I just want to shut the account down permanently.

• Yeah that would be a great idea. Alot of people forget old sites and what not it just frees up space tbh.

Although I tend to do back an delete my profile or whatever if I'm not using it after a year or two.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

• Agreed because I swear to god idk why Facebook still has my original account still as a thing when I deleted it back in 2011 wtf. It's been 10 years and somehow people still say "hey I sent a request on FB, accept me" and I'm like "uhhhhhh I don't have a facebook anymore?"

~ ω

• Agreed because I swear to god idk why Facebook still has my original account still as a thing when I deleted it back in 2011 wtf. It's been 10 years and somehow people still say "hey I sent a request on FB, accept me" and I'm like "uhhhhhh I don't have a facebook anymore?"

I think a few years ago you couldn't delete your facebook account. You could only put it in "sleep mode" or something.

But now I think you can delete it, so maybe try again

• Have you guys wondered what happens to account after people die?

Lets say you have like an account that is actually worth money, like maybe you are a huge Youtuber or something. What happens to that channel when you pass away? Do your beneficiaries of your estate still get the revenue that channel earns? Does the channel gets sold or taken over by another person?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!