I finished watching death note

• My review would be:

starting episodes were really really awesome till the point in which Light intentionally gives up his death note to lose his memory when he was in L's confinement.

Then from that point to point of L's killing was okayish, i mean it was good but nothing special.

Then from the point of L's death to last 2nd episode it was kinda meh.

But the ending, the last episode in which Light loses to Nice was really trash and really underwhelming.

Btw any suggestions which anime should i watch next.

• There was some problems even before L's death like you said but after episode 25 was when it really came crashing down. I would rather not talk shit about Mello and Near because this post would be way too long but they weren't written well to sum it up.

For other anime reccs (if you already haven't seen these):

-Cowboy Bebop

-Attack On Titan

-Fullmetal Alchemist

-Anohana

-Demon Slayer

-Violet Evergarden

-Saiki

-Codegeass

-Steins Gate

• I agree, the character near and mello were really meh, they nowhere seemed on same level as Light or L himself. Nice was basically a walmart version of L and mello just seemed like a thug.

Probably they should have just ended the story at L's death or maybe they should have taken the story to other direction after L's death instead of dragging it on by creating those two meh copy paste midgets to be L's successors to defeat Light.

The ending was very blunt and unconvincing

• I'm on the same boat when it comes to Death Note. The beginning was intriguing and promising but I feel like the manga/anime fell victim to its own success. It should have been shorter as the more the story progresses, the more the twists become unbelievable and ridiculous.

The biggest complaint I have is about Naomi, the FBI agent's fiancee. The writer sets her up as an important character then changes his mind and makes her do all the dumbest shit possible which leads to her getting killed unceremoniously by Light. That was just bad.

• Yeah, pretty much this is most people's feelings about this series.

Code Geass like most recommended as protagonists give the same vibe although for me CG is discount DN with mecha. Psycho-Pass also is a good fit. Monster kinda has similar thriller vibe.

Now if you enjoyed the mind game aspect, maybe try these:

- One Outs: it's a baseball series, but it's not really about baseball. It's pure mind game.

- Akagi and Kaiji: the character design can be iffy for some, but if you don't care about these, these two are great series. Akagi is about Mahjong, but again, the point isn't it. You can get the gist of the gambling part, it's is about a badass character destroying others. Kaiji is more accessible as it's about the underworld gambling scene, but it's more a loser common person trying to outsmart sharks.

- Kakegurui: another gambling anime with a fuck up high school setting.

Now a random one if you just liked the shinigami theme: Full Moon wo Sagashite. It's nothing like DN as it's a comedy romance drama shoujo, but it's a classic one. I guess Bleach is a shinigami themed one as well, but if this is the theme you liked in DN, maybe try Death Parade.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!