Plastic surgery and kpop fans mentality

• I especially hate whensome talent stans change their tune just to drag down an idol who has gotten plastic surgery

what happened to talent being the most important thing in kpop? :peperain: why tear down an idol like this, it's ugly

Literally ironic... Just proves the point of the sick mentality some kpop fans have... Sad.

• Yes but people who get ps should not deny when they are being asked whether they are natural or not. This only feeds the already unnatural beauty standards. Just like makeup, clothes or sports, ps is a way to change yourself for yourself and people should not be shamed for it and people should admit it for it to be normalized, too. So it goes both ways

• Yes but people who get ps should not deny when they are being asked whether they are natural or not. This only feeds the already unnatural beauty standards. Just like makeup, clothes or sports, ps is a way to change yourself for yourself and people should not be shamed for it and people should admit it for it to be normalized, too. So it goes both ways

I don't think people should answer these questions it they don't want. Nobody should say to others whatever decision they make. It's unfair bc the moment they talk about it they will be a target and people will just focus on this. Or they just don't want.

It's like asking if you are dating, your sexual orientation, your salary and many more. Those are questions that people have the right to not answer. I don't know what's so difficult to understand that people don't wanting to share their things is also a valid thing... My opinion...

• I don't think people should answer these questions it they don't want. Nobody should say to others whatever decision they make. It's unfair bc the moment they talk about it they will be a target and people will just focus on this. Or they just don't want.

It's like asking if you are dating, your sexual orientation, your salary and many more. Those are questions that people have the right to not answer. I don't know what's so difficult to understand that people don't wanting to share their things is also a valid thing... My opinion...

I respect your opinion but I see especially on instagram a lot of people who keep up this fake reality of them being naturally born like this while obviously using filters and having plastic surgery. If something isn’t bad, why would you have to deny this? Young people (especially girls) are being forced into this fake reality and start to think that they might not be enough or that they should change their appearance since they cannot be naturally pretty. Even plastic surgeons are talking about this phenomenon and are criticizing it. Let’s compare it with the things you mentioned (one of it). Let us use sexuality or more precise a being a part of LGBTQ or not, since being straight is not as controversial as for some people and not a minority.Yes, people started to accept LGBTQ people but it helped tremendously that public figures declared publicly that they are gay. I know that in the example’s case it still is not accepted everywhere (eg South Korea) but such a process does take a long time. Plus, We are talking about public people who make their income by partially capitalizing their own personality and privacy. If someone does not want to talk about, fair enough they shouldn‘t be forced to talk about it. Nevertheless they have a public role model function for the society and especially for young children which could be negative (Kanye West) or positive (BTS). Koreans are very open about plastic surgery (more than Westeners) except when it comes to K-Pop. I understand your concerns and I particularly agree to the part I highlighted but it is hard for one party to change only which is why it is important for both parties to change their perceptions. Plastic surgery should be talked about and that from both sides. I wish people highlighted more the risks in not judging manner and that people come forward with their plastic surgery experience

I hope you could understand me better now

Edit: I forgot to highlight the part

• I respect your opinion but I see especially on instagram a lot of people who keep up this fake reality of them being naturally born like this while obviously using filters and having plastic surgery. If something isn’t bad, why would you have to deny this? Young people (especially girls) are being forced into this fake reality and start to think that they might not be enough or that they should change their appearance since they cannot be naturally pretty. Even plastic surgeons are talking about this phenomenon and are criticizing it. Let’s compare it with the things you mentioned (one of it). Let us use sexuality or more precise a being a part of LGBTQ of not since being straight is not as controversial as for some people and not a minority.Yes, people started to accept LGBTQ people but it helped tremendously that public figures declared publicly that they are gay. I know that in the example’s case it still is not accepted everywhere (eg South Korea) but such a process does take a long time. Plus, We are talking about public people who make their income by partially capitalizing their own personality and privacy. If someone does not want to talk about, fair enough they shouldn‘t be forced to talk about it. Nevertheless they have a public role model function for the society and especially young children which could be negative (Kanye West) or positive (BTS). Koreans are very open about plastic surgery (more than Westeners) except when it comes to K-Pop. I understand your concerns and I particularly agree to the part I highlighted but it is hard for one party to change only which is why it is important for both parties to change their perceptions. Plastic surgery should be talked about and that from both sides. I wish people highlighted more the risks in not judging manner and that people come forward with their plastic surgery experience

I hope you could understand me better now

Your text was on point and i loved it! LLet me put my mask bc i didn't understand you at first :clown: now kkkk

Yes, you are right, but this is another thread that I could do kkkk this one I'm emphasizing about the hate idols suffers bc of fanwars where they use this topic just to hate, shame others.

Your point is totally right, but a little off topic with mine. But i agree with you and you used great examples!

• I honestly don’t see the problem with K-pop idols, or anyone for that matter having ps. It’s their life and their bodies, therefore they should have full say so in what to chose to do. It’s their right. People out here acting like they’ve committed some horrible crime because the got a nose lift like sis what-

I just don’t understand why it’s such a big deal. We are not in control of anyone’s actions except our own, so why bash someone for getting plastic surgery when it’s not even your place to judge? Are you the one getting it? Nope. So why does it matter? I think that if that makes them feel confident and beautiful, so be it!

• Your text was on point and i loved it! LLet me put my mask bc i didn't understand you at first :clown: now kkkk

Yes, you are right, but this is another thread that I could do kkkk this one I'm emphasizing about the hate idols suffers bc of fanwars where they use this topic just to hate, shame others.

Your point is totally right, but a little off topic with mine. But i agree with you and you used great examples!

I totally agree with you and your OP. Thanks! Sorry that I went a little bit off topic, but it seemed as if you might misunderstand my first stance. I think hating anyone for things they do to themselves is so stupid. Like as if any nose job in the world would make me gain or loose anything ^^ I am still broke nonetheless

• I totally agree with you and OP. Thanks! Sorry that I went a little bit off topic, but it seemed as if you might misunderstand my first stance. I think hating anyone for things they do to themselves is so stupid. Like as if any nose job in the world would make me gain or loose anything ^^ I am still broke nonetheless

But i believe your point was also good in my thread, it was a plus to me kkkk.

Yes, the hate is nonsense.

• I hate when idols get hate for plastic surgery they’ve had done in particular Bom. She’s my 2NE1 bias and it upset me. They have reasons for wanting it done and it’s not up to fans to judge. Just as long as they don’t go too far though and end up unrecognisable like some Hollywood celebrities.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!