I think Lil Nas X went to far this time around....

• I was rooting for him, but I think he went over board with this. I can understand why he is getting backlash and Nike distancing themself from the shoe he brought out and is even suing. That’s sick. People don’t mess with something like this.

Won’t even talk about his music video :confused:

For those not aware, he released a mv with a satanic message and collaborated with Mischf to release a shoe with a satanic theme that allegedly contains human blood <X

60623dc5c9d73b00186e9097-600x451.jpeg

• that’s a lil much

Any proper Christian/Catholic would say the same, how could you accept someone who's worshiping a satan?

I think he should seek some help cause he seems to be one troubled kid...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was really rooting for him when he got popular with Old Town Road, but since than he is getting deeper and deeper with this satanic themes and it doesn’t look like he is just doing it for attention.

Me too, I thought he was unproblematic, chill and overall a nice person but the fact that even Nike are suing about the shoes he made says something, the satanic themes are too much imo

• MV is one of the most entertaining I've seen recently

As for the shoes I agree, he shouldn't have done that without Nike's approval. Human blood is surely just a marketing stunt though (well, the whole thing is). You can argue how ethical or unethical it is but personally I enjoyed the MV and song both

• Any proper Christian/Catholic would say the same, how could you accept someone who's worshiping a satan?

I think he should seek some help cause he seems to be one troubled kid...

I am also Christian and I think he didn’t mean it like that

He did say that a lot of Christians and catholic people have already told him that he is going to hell for being gay and the song was him saying oh well they said I am going to hell anyways

• the MV's awesome, what do you mean? It's a perfect middle finger up to all those Christians telling LGBTQ people they'll burn in Hell.

I actually admire him a little bit for having the guts to do something so controversial, knowing Christians will descend upon him like a horde of demons.

• the MV's awesome, what do you mean? It's a perfect middle finger up to all those Christians telling LGBTQ people they'll burn in Hell.

I actually admire him a little bit for having the guts to do something so controversial, knowing Christians will descend upon him like a horde of demons.

You know it’s not just Christians who react like this right ? So why use themes like this knowing it will be triggering people.

He has all right to speak up for himself and send a middle finger to people who attack him. But he was mocking the religion, that’s something completely different. But he should have expected the backlash and I can totally understand that.

• The only thing I do agree with him on is the I give up and I'll just do what I want because Catholics already tell me to go to hell mindset. As a Christian myself, it's a shame that a lot of us can't just accept him and he has to resort to stuff like this to clap back at them.

Sure, I can understand he wanted to clap back at those who gave him a hard time. Yet it’s not just those extremists who believe in the biblical symbols, but also those Christians who support people like him. I think it was disrespectful. He could have done it another way without mocking the religion. If it was other religions people would have been way more mad and outraged.

• You know it’s not just Christians who react like this right ? So why use themes like this knowing it will be triggering people.

He has all right to speak up for himself and send a middle finger to people who attack him. But he was mocking the religion, that’s something completely different. But he should have expected the backlash and I can totally understand that.

as a Christian I thought it was just perfect because most catholics and Christians are super homophobic and depend there everyday life on what everyone else I’d doing .

Most Christians and Catholics don’t know how to mind their damn business and they are always judging like leave people alone

• People have added blood to art for ages people just being triggered.

For those not aware, he released a mv with a satanic message.

Maybe learn the reason behind it.. its playing with the message that people say gays are going to hell hes literally playing that message and owning it while triggering homophobes and religious people in the process its honestly amazing.

• as a Christian I thought it was just perfect because most catholics and Christians are super homophobic and depend there everyday life on what everyone else I’d doing .

Most Christians and Catholics don’t know how to mind their damn business and they are always judging like leave people alone

It’s not just Christians who are homophobic af, but for some reason it’s always their religion that has to be used to clap back lol.

• I was really rooting for him when he got popular with Old Town Road, but since than he is getting deeper and deeper with this satanic themes and it doesn’t look like he is just doing it for attention.

Hes doing it for attention and to trigger people like im seeing here.

People were telling him to go to hell and religous people paint that message so hes playing with it.

You want us to go to hell well here you go.

the MV's awesome, what do you mean? It's a perfect middle finger up to all those Christians telling LGBTQ people they'll burn in Hell.

Yep I agree.

Me too, I thought he was unproblematic, chill and overall a nice person but the fact that even Nike are suing about the shoes he made says something, the satanic themes are too much imo

Nah the satanic themes are not too much and have a message behind it the whole video has a message if people would research and pay attention.

MV is one of the most entertaining I've seen recently

As for the shoes I agree, he shouldn't have done that without Nike's approval. Human blood is surely just a marketing stunt though (well, the whole thing is). You can argue how ethical or unethical it is but personally I enjoyed the MV and song both

His videos are always something different which is why im liking him atm.

You know it’s not just Christians who react like this right ? So why use themes like this knowing it will be triggering people.

The whole point is to trigger people and create attention and get free promo from people being triggered.

Hes not actually mocking a religion hes just playing on the message alot of people in said religion spout.

He was expecting the backlash and is milking it to get number 1 while people stay pressed.

Sure, I can understand he wanted to clap back at those who gave him a hard time. Yet it’s not just those extremists who believe in the biblical symbols, but also those Christians who support people like him. I think it was disrespectful. He could have done it another way without mocking the religion. If it was other religions people would have been way more mad and outraged.

How did he mock the religion?

• As a Christian, and as a member of the LGBTQ community, I think the video was a bit too much. The message is half and half for me, as I understand how some Christians can go completely over board when it comes to the LGBTQ community, but it’s not only Christians who have a problem with it. I think Lil Nas X is great, and his music is amazing, but the satanic messages really rub me the wrong way. The Nike thing was a stretch as well. I just think that he could have spread this message in a different way tbh.

• People have added blood to art for ages people just being triggered.

For those not aware, he released a mv with a satanic message.

Maybe learn the reason behind it.. its playing with the message that people say gays are going to hell hes literally playing that message and owning it while triggering homophobes and religious people in the process its honestly amazing.

I understand the reasoning tho, he is really going with the satanic theme. Like you said religion themes aren’t used the first time.

A lot of people, not even a lot of Christians themself misinterpreted what Christianity says about homosexuality and turned it into a homophobic thing and it’s also the result of society views.

• As a Christian, and as a member of the LGBTQ community, I think the video was a bit too much. The message is half and half for me, as I understand how some Christians can go completely over board when it comes to the LGBTQ community, but it’s not only Christians who have a problem with it. I think Lil Nas X is great, and his music is amazing, but the satanic messages really rub me the wrong way. The Nike thing was a stretch as well. I just think that he could have spread this message in a different way tbh.

Same, I’m not even having a problem with him using biblical themes, it’s the satanic message I find problematic, especially knowing that a lot of people do very horrific things in the name of satanism and it can be very mentally damaging.

There are really people out there practicing satanism.

• I understand the reasoning tho, he is really going with the satanic theme. Like you said religion themes aren’t used the first time.

A lot of people, not even a lot of Christians themself misinterpreted what Christianity says about homosexuality and turned it into a homophobic thing and it’s also the result of society views.

wrong

Most of the Christian pie is homophobic

• Same, I’m not even having a problem with him using biblical themes, it’s the satanic message I find problematic, especially knowing that a lot of people do very horrific things in the name of satanism and it can be very mentally damaging.

he isn’t a satanist

He was just saying you said go to hell well okay I am going

I understand the reasoning tho, he is really going with the satanic theme. Like you said religion themes aren’t used the first time.

He would have more experience of Christians telling him to go to hell then other religions.

People keep saying satanic message when he killed satan?

• it is not just them but according to statistics

Christians and catholic have the biggest piece of the homophobic pie

Yet Christians countries are also the most progressive when it comes to LGBT+ laws and rights, but this seems to be ignored very often as well.

I myself don’t support the bigots among us, but I don’t like how Christians are always picked out as the main culprits in almost everything and other religions are barely called out even though there is the same bigotry going on :rolleyes:.

• Yet Christians countries are also the most progressive when it comes to LGBT+ laws and rights, but this seems to be ignored very often as well.

I myself don’t support the bigots among us, but I don’t like how Christians are always picked out as the main culprits in almost everything and other religions are barely called out even though there is the same bigotry going on :rolleyes:.

Maybe he had more discrimination from Christians than other religions and groups

• Same, I’m not even having a problem with him using biblical themes, it’s the satanic message I find problematic, especially knowing that a lot of people do very horrific things in the name of satanism and it can be very mentally damaging.

Exactly. Lil nas X is not the first person to use Bibical Themes. Almost everyone in the music industry has done it. The problem for me is the satanic message. I understand the point that he was trying to convey, but it’s still problematic in my eyes.

• He turned into Satan himself lol.

No he turned into the ruler of hell I dont really see that as him turning into satan but maybe.

Yet Christians countries are also the most progressive when it comes to LGBT+ laws and rights, but this seems to be ignored very often as well.

You say anything against Islam you getting cancelled.

• It was enough for Nike to pull out and even sue the company that created the shoes.

He is clearly going for the satanic theme even quoting the Bible verse were Satan falls from heaven.

Nike didnt pull out because they were not involved with that and Nike didnt pull out when some shoes contained some holy water.. which says alot.

• This thread contains 104 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!