• Maybe people think the whole market situation changed in 1 week?

People are lacking creativity, we need more originality here.

When the revamp unbanned everyone and also allowed new alts to be created, this forum is in for a very rude awakening, especially with so few mods. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus of the more tolerable users if things don't change soon.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• So you’re just gonna ignore Heng:Garae? It was also released in 2020. Charted very well as well, it hit #1 and spent 330+ hours in top 10 MelOn before reform. After reform it didn’t fall off the charts instead it went up from the 20s and peaked at #16 not to mention how it stayed in the rank 20s and 30s for nearly a month after the reform. On Genie they have 840k ULs as well, and on Gaon 111M+ digital points. You can’t say no one is listening to their music, that is a stretch. 2.2B+ streams on MelOn, 1.2B+ streams on Gaon (based on last year’s July update), 1.2B+ streams on Spotify doesn’t seem like no one is listening to them. Also, you need to realize how MelOn is only 1 out numerous streaming sites in Korea.

76B47FB1-78DC-4955-948F-99D28A0B27B5.jpeg

I am in no way saying they are a digimon, but they definitely do well for a fan driven group. Your question can also be reversed as well. Why can’t acts that chart high on MelOn even hit 500k-1M physical sales if they have so many people listening to them? The only act that comes to my mind that consistently sells millions and has out of the world charting every comeback is only BTS.

Literally I saw the same thread just couple days ago, y’all are getting uncreative.

• It's just an special album with little promotions, babe. If you saw their performance from YMMD to Henggarae title tracks, all are pretty decent.

And besides BTS, Wannaone (and sometimes Exo) which other boy groups are digimons (3rd-4th gen)? Let's be real, korean gp isn't really fond of boy groups. Like, I can name few boy groups who had a hit but didn't made it big like our Seventeen.

And it's not that fans aren't listening, we are but not at the same time, we still need gp support to chart high (and sadly we don't have that). Fans have life outside kpop, you can't expect us to just stream all day round. But we do listen to their songs when we feel like it and whenever we need something to lift us up.

Fans support their faves with the way that they can afford. For me, I don't have the time to stream and vote. So for me, buying a lot albums & donating to people who are streaming is easier than me steaming it non stop. I don't wanna get tired of the music, I wanna listen to it whenever I need it. And besides, they said kpop idols get more money from album sales than from streaming.

I want them rich, bro. They said they are making music for fans, if that music reached gp, then it's good, but if it didn't then it's also fine. Besides it's better to have an stable fandom who will support your music, contents, and everything, than having heavily supported by gp but will easily stumble with just one false rumor.

• When the revamp unbanned everyone and also allowed new alts to be created, this forum is in for a very rude awakening, especially with so few mods. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus of the more tolerable users if things don't change soon.

This is the exactly the reason why I've not commented in threads so far apart from my guild. After the revamp, the forum got more toxic than it was before.

Edited once, last by kidsgonestray ().

• chaesooo

Changed the title of the thread from “why can’t 500k to million album seller groups chart their songs in melon?” to “delete”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!