An anti-stalking law was passed in Korea

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apparently this would also protect idols and celebrities :

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Obviously no idea how this will affect the whole saeseng/stalker situation, but I think this is good that laws are getting stricter about it.

• Why is nobody talking about this? I hope it will be a big step in dealing with sasaengs!

I guess a lot of people are waiting to see what kind of effect it will have for real ? :/

Solos are already pissed off tho, which is good

• These people's behaviours are abnormal that they don't care if their doing wrong so while I think it will help alleviate some what the hardcore stalkers will still prowl their faves.

I wonder if this law applies to this like dispatch too..

• Official Post

Why is nobody talking about this? I hope it will be a big step in dealing with sasaengs!

I mean there was a thread on it this morning.

I will say though that all the laws mean nothing if it's not enforced. In the late 80s, an American actress was stalked and murdered in her own home by her stalker. It lead to the passage of anti-stalking laws, but 90% of the time stalking still isn't addressed properly. US celebs fight for years to prove their stalkers are serious, but they still get minimal sentencing if they get punished by the courts.

• These people's behaviours are abnormal that they don't care if their doing wrong so while I think it will help alleviate some what the hardcore stalkers will still prowl their faves.

I wonder if this law applies to this like dispatch too..

That's good question. My gut feeling tells me no, but I really hope so...

• I mean there was a thread on it this morning.

I will say though that all the laws mean nothing if it's not enforced. In the late 80s, an American actress was stalked and murdered in her own home by her stalker. It lead to the passage of anti-stalking laws, but 90% of the time stalking still isn't addressed properly. US celebs fight for years to prove their stalkers are serious, but they still get minimal sentencing if they get punished by the courts.

That is very true :( I want to be hopeful that this will at least do some good but it is probably pretty unlikely to be enforced

• everyone's thinking of saesangs, but are news outlets exempt from this? can dispatch now be charged with stalking?

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• everyone's thinking of saesangs, but are news outlets exempt from this? can dispatch now be charged with stalking?

Not sure, but the law precise that all this is illegal 'without justifiable reason'.

I don't know if Dispatch/journalists will fall under these justifiable reasons, guess we will have to see :/

• Take that sasaengs and Naeyon's crazy stalker!

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Good!

They've needed one for a while. Hopefully it protects idols and celebrities from nutcases. There have been too many stalking problems lately. And unfortunately, companies don't alway protect idols adequately.

• From my brief time visiting South Korea 2 years ago, I saw two separate occasions of these creepy men following girls when they clearly didn’t know each other and were very uncomfortable with the situation. I could tell they were trying to brush them off but they continued to be intrusive and literally walk behind them like creepers. Why I would hope this isn’t the norm, it definitely seemed less shocking to everyone else around me, whereas if that kind of stuff happens where I’m from in the U.S.A , that can be instant grounds for arrest. So I’m glad somethings finally being done. Not only for the idols that have to deal with these terrible “fans”, but also for the everyday person. Hopefully it will actually make people like that think twice.

• From my brief time visiting South Korea 2 years ago, I saw two separate occasions of these creepy men following girls when they clearly didn’t know each other and were very uncomfortable with the situation. I could tell they were trying to brush them off but they continued to be intrusive and literally walk behind them like creepers. Why I would hope this isn’t the norm, it definitely seemed less shocking to everyone else around me, whereas if that kind of stuff happens where I’m from in the U.S.A , that can be instant grounds for arrest. So I’m glad somethings finally being done. Not only for the idols that have to deal with these terrible “fans”, but also for the everyday person. Hopefully it will actually make people like that think twice.

made me remember this

External Content www.youtube.com

• I’m glad people are finally taking this seriously. Stalking is a crime and idols should be allowed to go about their business without being bothered by pesky and obsessive fans.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!