Historically wrong movie

• is this about snow drop? americans might not have an issue with historical inaccuracies but koreans obviously do, you are discrediting their feelings

It not for one. Second I just said this not to discredit south Korean feeling. Third black ppl like myself do care about historically wrong movie especially when they a try pass on as facts...I'm saying this beause ppl are saying "imagin if this was BLM movie" as if we don't have historically inaccurate movie and shows already

• It not for one. Second I just said this not to discredit south Korean feeling. Third black ppl like myself do care about historically wrong movie especially when they a try pass on as facts...I'm saying this beause ppl are saying "imagin if this was BLM movie" as if we don't have historically inaccurate movie and shows already

I understood you OP and agree. I’ve seen a lot of k-netz try to educate some fans on Twitter about this issue and using BLM as an example which is ignorant in itself when this has been happening already. African American history is pretty much gentrified or removed from history books like the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre so it’s wrong to even try to compare both sides to make sense of the other.

Then you have Hollyweird that doesn’t care about inaccuracies as to why there’s so many wrong historically movies that even won awards.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• It not for one. Second I just this not to discredit south Korean feeling. Third black ppl like my self do care about historically wrong movie especially when they a try pass on as facts...I'm saying this beause ppl are saying "imagin if this was BLM movie" as if we don't have historically inaccurate movie and shows already

koreans really care about the issue; two days ago they even managed to get joseon exorcist canceled due to historical inaccuracies and it's a supernatural show: all sponsors pulled out, they even sent a petition to blue house signed by 185k+ people. they obviously care more than americans.

i'm not comparing anything to blm or other movements, each country has a different stance on various topics.

• Also BLM is slightly more recent. As in, it's ongoing. I get what they're trying to say, however the Civil Rights Movement, or maye issues of the 90s and 80s is a hell of a lot more accurate to their feelings than something that is still a movement.

I get what you’re saying, and I don’t know why people are brining up BLM. But technically, our issue with democracy isn’t concrete. The korean war never actually ended...it’s technically still an ongoing war. SK/NK pledged to sign a treaty in 2018 to officially end the war but nothing has happened since.

That’s why Koreans care so much about American elections...they don’t want a president that’s gonna screw us over and piss NK off so they can airstrike us (they threaten us ALOT). People haven’t really “healed” yet cuz we have NK threatening us still and we have things like mandatory military service

• It's more than being historically inaccurate tho. One of the issues I've seen being mentioned by koreans is the fact that the dictator and his party to this day claim that they killed all those students because they were North Korean spies (which is why it's still so sensitive). So if the rumoured plot of the drama is gonna involve an actual North Korean spy as an activist, it's very like gonna be used as propaganda by his party. + the fact that they are using the names of real people too.

• koreans really care about the issue; two days ago they even managed to get joseon exorcist canceled due to historical inaccuracies and it's a supernatural show: all sponsors pulled out, they even sent a petition to blue house signed by 185k+ people. they obviously care more than americans.

i'm not comparing anything to blm or other movements, each country has a different stance on various topics.

Just stop please.

• Just stop please.

what did i say wrong? people are here complaining that koreans are taking it too far when they are not, it's their history, they have the right to be upset. other nations that are upset with historical inaccuracies should raise their voices too, not say "well, in my country there are lots of historically inaccurate films, that's how it is"

• It's more than being historically inaccurate tho. One of the issues I've seen being mentioned by koreans is the fact that the dictator and his party to this day claim that they killed all those students because they were North Korean spies (which is why it's still so sensitive). So if the drama is gonna involve an actual North Korean spy as an activist, it's very like gonna be used as propaganda by his party. + the fact that they are using the names of real people too.

Which i total get as black person cause of historically inaccurate information about slavery in America. I just have a probelm when they say "imagin" as if we don't hundreds of year of inaccurate historically information about slavery.. they can just use different arguement to prove their point

Edited once, last by tt1267 ().

• what did i say wrong? people are here complaining that koreans are taking it too far when they are not, it's their history, they have the right to be upset. other nations that are upset with historical inaccuracies should raise their voices too, not say "well, in my country there are lots of historically inaccurate films, that's how it is"

I'm not complaining tho I'm just saying use a different arguement

• what did i say wrong? people are here complaining that koreans are taking it too far when they are not, it's their history, they have the right to be upset. other nations that are upset with historical inaccuracies should raise their voices too, not say "well, in my country there are lots of historically inaccurate films, that's how it is"

What i have a problem with is you saying Americans don't care or not as much

• Official Post

Americans stopped "The Confederate" from coming out. Its about a parallel universe where the South won the American Civil War. There weren't any petitions but the backlash was quite bad so they stopped production. Other historical movies such as "The Green Book" and "The Help" have gotten a lot of backlash because it was disrespectful to the real people it was based on.

• Americans stopped "The Confederate" from coming out. Its about a parallel universe where the South won the American Civil War. There weren't any petitions but the backlash was quite bad so they stopped production. Other historical movies such as "The Green Book" and "The Help" have gotten a lot of backlash because it was disrespectful to the real people it was based on.

as they should

• Americans stopped "The Confederate" from coming out. Its about a parallel universe where the South won the American Civil War. There weren't any petitions but the backlash was quite bad so they stopped production. Other historical movies such as "The Green Book" and "The Help" have gotten a lot of backlash because it was disrespectful to the real people it was based on.

oh, yes, the confederate. iirc correctly it was supposed to be a hbo show.

the green book and the help earned lots of money tho

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!