Jackson Wang is greedy

• I thought we've had the conversation lots of times today that it's extremely unsafe to go against China

Exactly, plus it's his home, so whatever he'll do, he'll get hate for it. I feel like it's like that for all the Chinese kpop idols.

I'm not defending his decision, i still think he shouldn't cut ties with Adidas, but i also know the situation is complex.

• Exactly, plus it's his homeplace, so whatever he'll do, he'll get hate for it. I feel like it's like that for all the Chinese kpop idols.

I'm not defending his decision, i still think he shouldn't cut ties with Adidas, but i also know the situation is complex.

Except it isn’t bc jackson is actually from hong kong, not china lmaoo 😂 So yeah, the good ol’ “chinese idols have to support china” excuse doesn’t even apply here bc jackson has no reason to do it except monetary motives and making a career in china lol. It’s not his birthplace by a long shot 😂

• Except it isn’t bc jackson is actually from hong kong, not china lmaoo 😂 So yeah, the good ol’ “chinese idols have to support china” excuse doesn’t even apply here bc jackson has no reason to do it except monetary motives and making a career in china lol. It’s not his birthplace by a long shot 😂

He's CHINESE! :D He's parents are from China and he wants to live in China, that's his heritage.

The Hong Kong arguement is so weird.

• He's CHINESE! :D He's parents are from China and he wants to live in China, that's his heritage.

The Hong Kong arguement is so weird.

i mean sure if he wanna denounce hong kong and stick to his chinese roots or whatever that’s his choice. Still doesn’t negate the fact that his homeplace is hong kong and not mainland china, which was the only point in your previous post that i bolded to address anyway lol 😂

Moved the thread to the trash: inappropriate .
  • he even dropped hk before, so this is expected. I'm against this, but not like he has a choice

There are only 2 conclusions

He actually has the mentality that China is always right and he fully support them.

or he only cares about nothing but how much money he is going to make, he already made millions that's what makes my eyes roll, at least he should keep quite and stfu, but he knows that is going to affect his bank account. :pepegrin:

Changed the title of the thread from “Jackson Wang is a greedy bitch” to “Jackson Wang is greedy”.
  • There are only 2 conclusions

He actually has the mentality that China is always right and he fully support them.

or he only cares about nothing but how much money he is going to make, he already made millions that's what makes my eyes roll, at least he should keep quite and stfu, but he knows that is going to affect his bank account. :pepegrin:

Third conclusion is that he’s forced to support his country but of course let’s overlook this option since it won’t get him cancelled

• i mean sure if he wanna denounce hong kong and stick to his chinese roots or whatever that’s his choice. Still doesn’t negate the fact that his homeplace is hong kong and not mainland china, which was the only point in your previous post that i bolded to address anyway lol 😂

Yes, i said it's his home, which it is. He was born in Hong Kong, but who can decide for you what's your home?

Since you adressed my wording, i'm just putting that here:

https://www.ourstate.com/homeplace/

In short: A homeplace is less a physical place than what the word mentally, figuratively, and, most importantly, individually represents.

However, like i said in my previous post i'm not defending his decision, i also think it's wrong, but i'm just saying that the situation is more complex than that.

• Stop using the CCP pressure as a blanket argument to defend these greedy sellouts. Jackson isn't influential enough to be kept in check by the CCP and there are other Chinese celebrities that spoke up against similar issues before. He can and does have a career and make money outside of China but he obviously wants more.

• Stop using the CCP pressure as a blanket argument to defend these greedy sellouts. Jackson isn't influential enough to be kept in check by the CCP and there are other Chinese celebrities that spoke up against similar issues before. He can and does have a career and make money outside of China but he obviously wants more.

Nah oppa is pressured to be a celebrity and sell himself to the devil. :pepegrin:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!