SME is going to debut “Jazz Trio” and Jazz version of “Supernova” is coming!

• Low-key excited for this new trio!

We all know that SM is the worst among Big 3+Hybe, but I will give a credit when it is due. So SM is actually really good at expanding their music directions!

We have SM classics where they rearrange all SM hit songs into orchestra versions and a jazz pianist under them!

We have contemporary RnB sub-label of SM Krucialize which is yet to introduce its artists

We have SM station where they remake their old songs

We have ScreaM Records for Remixes and Electro Dance Music

We will have first Trot Idol group since Super Junior-T from SM

We will have a British Boyband soon too

And Now we have JAZZ TRIO

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Members:

Bassist Hwang Hyo Gyu

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Drummer Jongkuk Kim

Jazz Pianist Yohan Kim

And the first thing we get is Jazz Version of “Supernova”

What are your thoughts about this jazz trio and supernova jazz version?

• Taemin-Identity

Changed the title of the thread from “SME is going to debut “Jazz Trio” and Jazz version of “Supernova” coming!” to “SME is going to debut “Jazz Trio” and Jazz version of “Supernova” is coming!”.
  • While I do support debut of various genre groups what's up with sm and all these random debuts?

I mean it is good for us since we will get more music genres and options! Also it is good that they aren’t wasting hard work of their trainees and they are debuting as artists anyways so it is better than keeping them in the dungeon!

And we can have collabs and mash up groups more like Unique Maxxstep SuperM GOT and etc. So it is very good from my perspective

• Thank you for compiling that list of genres, I wasn't aware and am interested to dig deeper :woow:

I do hope all these groups don't end up being one-time gimmicks and that they get sufficient work.

Sm has a lot more projects that I didn’t mention too! Like they have SMtown SMCU albums that they usually release in winter and perform mostly on SM Town concerts! They have different collabs within SM artists male*female, they had vocal based group consisting main vocalist from different groups, they had dance based group and other mash up groups and supergroups! There is also SMP floor performance channel for choreographies from both choreographers and idols(you can enjoy the different executions done by idols and choreographers)! SM also owns Mystic Story(Company of Billie), also if you are interested in actors they have another subsidiary for that!

They have Chinese and Japanese oriented groups and a looot of soloists who does many genres! SM artists also have a lot of collabs with artists of different agencies the recent one that I remember was Winter(Aespa) Soyeon(Gidle) and Liz(Ive), so you will have a looot to see yet!

And enjoy :pepe-toast:

• i love jazz dont get me wrong but renditions of pop songs is just so so so gimmicky and lame at the very most a one time listen just imo

like why would i listen to supernova jazz version when i can listen to actual jazz lol

not saying there's anything wrong with it btw

• i love jazz dont get me wrong but renditions of pop songs is just so so so gimmicky and lame at the very most a one time listen just imo

like why would i listen to supernova jazz version when i can listen to actual jazz lol

not saying there's anything wrong with it btw

Yeah I thought about it too! I know orchestra version would slap but Jazz version? Let’s wait 3 more days and we shall decide then

• And I feel like British bg will have good music

External Content www.youtube.com

Look at the faces of the judges...

• Yeah I thought about it too! I know orchestra version would slap but Jazz version? Let’s wait 3 more days and we shall decide then

External Content youtu.be

• External Content www.youtube.com

Wait where is this from????? :woow:

~ Retired exol, don't ask me about that group. ~

• External Content www.youtube.com

Already Best 5th gen bg vocally

Though they need a lot of dance training

• Wait where is this from????? :woow:

Came across it in another forum! I think it's from their doc series that's airing in BBC

Found some more clips:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!