So what's now, what's the aftermath of the feud between MHJ and HYBE? What will be the consequences (like for NJ)?

• I only learnt about the whole MHJ-HYBE conflict at the tail of the whole ongoing drama. It was surprising and entertaining to read about it all.

But afterwards, I was thinking, ok, and now? Because it doesn't sound like a happy marriage.

Will there be an official split? Did they find a mutually acceptable compromise to go on?

And how will Newjeans fare, will they still have the full support of HYBE, or will they end up on the backburner, reversely transformed into the ugly duckling and black sheep/Cinderella of the HYBE family?

I can't imagine that such a conflict that even made it onto public media, with dirt being thrown around, will be without any consequences.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• It's not over yet, just on pause.

The investigation isn't over yet. Hybe is either going to find a way to remove her or wait out until 2026.

Afterwards, I can't see any good outcomes. Min HeeJin thoroughly isolated them from Hybe, their parents aren't keen on any sort of compromise or path forward without her and Hybe has made it clear they've given up and dont mind burying them to get rid of her

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• it would have been smarter for NJ and parents to remain neutral in public, as it's HYBE footing the bills but MHJ they work closely with.

They lost token stans but gained new token stans so they will still do well, at least while this drama is still fresh in people's minds and they're not too much of a rival to token stans main faves

• I'm with the "quietly sit and wait for the conclusion" gang. Won't comment until we see solid evidence, and I'm aware that there are good and bad traits from both sides. Also I'm too tired to involve myself in this drama. As long as NJ still releases good music I'll be there to cheer them on :finger-heart:

x o x o

c6tcSa5.gif

• I'm still not even sure we've seen anything to indicate they've been affected all. Despite releasing 3 underwhelming tracks and 1 decent (Bubblegum), they are still seemingly thriving. Perhaps we will see that it has had a greater affect than what I'm thinking, and sadly there may be more drama to come still. But at this point I'm still attributing NJs recent "flop" to boring music.

• We have already seen the consequences NJ suffered, losing many markets simply unrecoverable in an instant.

4th gen girl groups also levelled up now.

MHJ contract with Hybe is until 2026 by the way, and police investigation is still ongoing. NJ standing with MHJ kind of ruined themselves too because we know after 2026, they do not have Hybe backs either.

largest-black-hole-ever-discovered-and-our-solar-system-v0-7f2732pvic8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e8d9cc542df13a70453229571ef06c9b5942271a:meme-bonk:   :rolleyes:X/:facepalm: :meme-hiss:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• It is still ongoing.

But many weird "uncle" fans already left to stan younger groups such as Illit and BabyMonster, causing a 74.1% drop in global filtered streams, 56.3% drop in album sales, and very average underlying numbers of out Japan.

• It is still ongoing.

But many weird "uncle" fans already left to stan younger groups such as Illit and BabyMonster, causing a 74.1% drop in global filtered streams, 56.3% drop in album sales, and very average underlying numbers of out Japan.

Wow, that's a huge drop in album sales and streams!!

I can't imagine that those 'uncle' fans left Newjeans for the drama going on, but the number also feels too large for the 'organic' departure of 'uncle'/male fans with girl groups. Is it because they have less promotional support from HYBE now? (like less playlisting, ads, etc).

Also, I'm still not sure what exactly the core of the beef was between HYBE and MHJ (or was it Bighit PD/CEO vs MHJ?), was it about broken promises or broken agreements?

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!