YG criticized for participating in production ‘Mr. Queen’ and ‘Joseon Exorcist’

• YG Entertainment produced both ‘Mr. Queen’ and ‘Joseon Exorcist

YG-Entertainment-produced-both-Mr.-Queen-and-Joseon-Exorcist-1.jpgYG-Entertainment-produced-both-Mr.-Queen-and-Joseon-Exorcist-2.jpg

Both ‘Mr. Queen’ and ‘Joseon Exorcist’ have been criticized for distorting Korean history

original post: theqoo

1. YG is disgusting

2. SM and YG have great love for China

3. YG is a traitor to Korea…

4. We should boycott YG

5. Ah, I listen to BLACKPINK and AKMU songs all the time, but now I don’t want to listen to their songs anymore…

6. YG again… I hate YG a lot

7. I like YG singers, but I think I have to boycott the drugstore from now on….

8. YG is trash

9. YG singers should also be boycotted

10. YG is the worst

• lol the irony of "Lotte Cultureworks" slogan haha

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This whole boycott thing is just pathetic as these knetz lives. For you to boycott something you must be a buyer of the product.

And this whole YGE hate should be stopped as just Seungri is involved in the scandal and he is not part of YGE anymore. This shows how people use a cause to hate on their already hated idols/actors. Nothing changed, they already hated them, but now they are trying to pass like normal people and boycotting something they were never consumed before :clown:

• Actually YG is just 1 of 3 investors and production companies on the show that includes Lotte. Samsung and others have advertising with the show.

So no, based on the articles written, YG isn't really the main player being criticized. No one there is asking to boycott YG. The most-viewed articles are criticizing the writers, not YG.

The issue they're having is the clothing, food and props in a scene. Which YG has little creative control over.

They're criticizing the writer who is Korean-Chinese. And some of the criticism is warranted yet not to the degree that they're making it out to be. It's just a drama at the end of the day.

There's an alarming amount of anti-Chinese sentiment going on in Korea right now. Several shows and companies are being criticized for having too much Chinese investment in Korea and that's somehow offensive to some Koreans, although not all.

JYP probably picked a wrong time to announce their partnership with Tencent yesterday.

Of course it is ridiculous. Ultimately companies just want to make money no matter what country the investors are from, but some in Korea has this mentality that China is trying to take over.

While we are all Kpop fans, we do need to recognize that it is a country that can be scarily nationalistic.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• looks like YG is just the usual knetz punching bag on the internet. Nothing new.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!