Hybe groups always have a good beginning, but the company doesn't know how to sustain the hype for a long time

• This is Hybe's biggest problem: they don't know how to sustain the hype around their groups in the long term and expand it further. Their groups start off strong but then suddenly decline. Enhypen has the potential to become the biggest 4th generation bg; their sales trajectory is better than anyone else's.

Then we have Txt, the direct junior group of Bts. Their debut hype was one of the biggest in Kpop. Their sales were much bigger than Stray Kids' when they just debuted. Now, the gap between both groups' popularity is huge, and the difference in their sales for their latest album is almost 2 million.

This almost happened with Bts, but Armys are just that dedicated of a fandom, doing almost all the work for BigHit, from promoting to even translating new materials to attract new fans.

Where has the hype for Tws gone when their debut song did so well? Riize is frequently on the front page of hot topics. As for Bnd, they're taking the slow but steady route, but the group itself hasn't made much noise.

So, I wonder how it will go for their girl groups. Will it change?

• What do you expect of a company that manage their idols aka humans as gaming products? Koreans pointed out that the whole Hybe board are from former gaming CEOs, notably Park Jiwon who destroyed Korean gaming industry with mass copy oversexualized gacha games. They are now doing exactly like that with HUMANS. Why the fuck should they care if after a few years said groups fall off, they can always product new groups as long as Kpop stans keep sucking them. They know their target audience very well and the consumers are partly the one to blame.

• Where has the hype for Tws gone when their debut song did so well?

Well for TWS (and Pledis groups) you cannot really put them in the same basket as Hybe groups. Why? Because they are too Pledis to be Hybe

They debuted the same way like Seventeen. Bubbly, fresh, cute concept that the koreans will eat up. But I do believe Pledis didn’t expect it to be THAT huge. So they took things slowly to build their stable fandom and career (which I personally prefer rather than magnetic type of fame)

Then “where did the hype go?” TWS is mainly popular in SK rn. Surely you wont see English speaking stans talking about them that much esp in akp. Not to mention Riize’s hot topics sometimes related to scandals like sungchan and sohee, etc etc

Horanghae:p

• Well for TWS (and Pledis groups) you cannot really put them in the same basket as Hybe groups. Why? Because they are too Pledis to be Hybe

They debuted the same way like Seventeen. Bubbly, fresh, cute concept that the koreans will eat up. But I do believe Pledis didn’t expect it to be THAT huge. So they took things slowly to build their stable fandom and career (which I personally prefer rather than magnetic type of fame)

Then “where did the hype go?” TWS is mainly popular in SK rn. Surely you wont see English speaking stans talking about them that much esp in akp. Not to mention Riize’s hot topics sometimes related to scandals like sungchan and sohee, etc etc

They debuted after the acquisition, so how they're different. One of the members was even an ex-Bighit trainee. This group didn't have the same contract as Svt to have more freedom from Hybe management.

Come on, even their korean fans complaining about this. I always check Korean forums, and it's too quiet for a group with hit song like them in Korea. Riize hot posts now is not even about their controversies, but their visuals, their members to even the smallest activities they're doing. And you're putting too much hope in Pledis, the same company that has ruined almost all groups under them despite those groups huge potential. Svt is the exception bc the members were doing almost everything by themselves back then.

• They debuted after the acquisition, so how they're different. One of the members was even an ex-Bighit trainee. This group didn't have the same contract as Svt to have more freedom from Hybe management.

Come on, even their korean fans complaining about this. I always check Korean forums, and it's too quiet for a group with hit song like them in Korea. Riize hot posts now is not even about their controversies, but their visuals, their members to even the smallest activities they're doing. And you're putting too much hope in Pledis, the same company that has ruined almost all groups under them despite those groups huge potential. Svt is the exception bc the members were doing almost everything by themselves back then.

Exactly. I agree with everything and that’s my reason

Your title is :

Hybe groups always have a good beginning, but the company doesn't know how to sustain the hype for a long time

But TWS by no way got the same treatment of promotion like other hybe rookies or even bgs. They didn’t go to korean shows excep what? Mmtg and odg? Unlike bnd and illit who’s literally everywhere. And how could you measure tws with riize’s popularity when riize debuted last year and had several comebacks already to build their fandom

Tws just debuted this January with barely and almost no promotion despite their song becoming a national hit. I think for now tws is like a new gg where gp knows the song more than the artists hence this statement proves nothing. They can have a hit song but their fanbase still not that big yet

Where has the hype for Tws gone when their debut song did so well?

and since tws is under pledis (unlike some other subsidiaries), hybe surely wont put their utmost resources and effort to promote them

Horanghae:p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!