Would the Republic of Korea win the Eurovision Song Contest if they send the K-pop boy group BTS to the Eurovision Song Contest ?

• Would the Republic of Korea win the Eurovision Song Contest if they send the K-pop boy group BTS to the Eurovision Song Contest ? 27

1. Yes. (9) 33%
    2. No. (12) 44%
    3. I don't know. (6) 22%

Would the Republic of Korea win the Eurovision Song Contest if they send the K-pop boy group BTS to the Eurovision Song Contest ?

• We are ignoring the top two rules of eurovision, 1 everything must be sung live and 2, limited amount of people on stage.

Few groups can sing 100% live without any back track or backing singers and alot of groups have more than 6 members. Even if they grab some popular vote points, the judge scoring could cripple them.

• We are ignoring the top two rules of eurovision, 1 everything must be sung live and 2, limited amount of people on stage.

Few groups can sing 100% live without any back track or backing singers and alot of groups have more than 6 members. Even if they grab some popular vote points, the judge scoring could cripple them.

the top 1 rule is it should be a european country, these 2 points are secondary lol

• LOL since score is partly decided by votes I’d say they’d have a good chance

If Australia (literally opposite side of the world) can participate I see the doors open for other

• the top 1 rule is it should be a european country, these 2 points are secondary lol

I mean the UK once sent Katrina and the waves a famous American act and Switzerland once sent Celine Dione a Canadian. You can rep any country you want as long as you go through the right channels

Also Israel and Australia aren't European countries either

• the top 1 rule is it should be a european country, these 2 points are secondary lol

Wrong. It should be a member of the European Broadcasting Union. While generally those are European countries, it extends beyond Europe.

The entirety of North-Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya & Egypt) are members and could participate if they wanted to (Morocco actually did participate in 1980)

Lebanon, a country in the Middle-East, almost participated in 2005.

As for Australia, they received special permission to participate for the first time in 2015 since they were huge Eurovision fans. They did well and were allowed to stay and to participate in the following years, and the rest is history.

• I think you aren’t allowed to send in internationally successful acts.

They are alot more loose than you'd think. Bonnie Tyler went on in 2013 long after her worldwide hits. Tatu went on a year after all the things she said was released, Cascada went on 5 years after every time we touch dropped and in 2022 we had the Rasmus on despite having a worldwide hit with in the shadows.

• why would they even want to go when they could just go on a European stadium tour instead?

I mean I think op is just joking around but ESC is HUGE in many European countries, thus the exposure for artists to new people is massive

Also I would highkey enjoy it so there’s another reason ;-) ^^

• But let's just say they got sent, I don't think BTS as a whole will do it.

When it comes to winning, idk. It's unlikely they'll participate in something like this but hey no one saw the WC opening happening.

• No, because Eurovision is for European not Asian acts.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok so technically they could participate for Korea if South Korea joins the EBU (meaning sponsorship) this is what Australia and Israel did to join.

Israel is part of the EBU, but Australia Isn't, they were invited for fun in 2015 and managed to compete in the following years after striking a deal with the EBU.

No, because Eurovision is for European not Asian acts.

This is not true at all.
    While most of Eurovision participants are European countries. The main criteria for participation in Eurovision is to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union, and this extends beyond Europe. Including Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Israel, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Lebanon, Georgia & Armenia.

Countries that are located outside the EBU and wanna participate would have to strike a special deal with the EBU, It's very unlikely but It's possible.

With that being said, Eurovision Asia was actually announced a few years ago but nothing has happened since. Maybe It's time to move forward with their plans.

OubQuLaE_400x400.png

• Eurovision is very big, and not just with older people but young ones as well.

We all know the fans will vote for them like mad, as fans of any Kpop group would.

I don't think the jury would want to see them win though.

My favorites this year:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

they've had loud backtracks though

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!