Why are people so obsessed with the thought that idols can't sing live?

• If they couldn't, they obviously wouldn't be idols

With that I don't mean the stuff were they're dancing. Just the singing clips

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• I don't know about 'need', but I like to watch musical performances and a big part of the musical performance is... The singing. That's the music part! They don't play instruments! I like their songs and therefore when I watch them performing I want to hear them sing. I want to hear their voices because I like them. What do you watch musical performances for?

If I just wanted to watch a dance performance then there's studio choom and all the dance practices. If I just wanted a dance performance maybe I'm better off just watching professional dance crews doing their thing?

The choreo in kpop already takes into account that they'll be singing, so they should sing! I mean mostly they only sing one at a time, so I really can't see why they don't.

I like to watch their music performances where they don't dance as well.

Look, I am never out here hating groups that lip sync, they obviously have their fans and sometimes it's not up to the group to lip sync or not, but I pretty much only prefer groups that do sing live.

• EXACTLY

Only thing I'd add is when we go see concerts, no matter how big the screens are, the majority of the seats are so far back you can barely see the stage and the camera work isn't showing you the entire dance. So if they aren't singing live, the majority of what your getting is being in a giant sweaty room with a bunch of other people, barely being able to see your idols lipsynch over a backing track version you've heard 20 times before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!