How would you describe the concept and sound of today's top girl groups?

• NJ is how I always pictured what a teen girlgroup should look like instead of aegyo shit that have dominated Korea in the last 15 years. They are a throwback to first generation in anesthetics and sound, but more polished and refined. By far the best music here, very well produced and overall high quality in both music and visuals

LSRF is a group that lacks a more strong sense of visual and musical identity because they don't have any. Their music always have drastically different genres each comeback. They, however, still looking and dress how I picture grown woman should do. There are subtle signs of sexyness in their choreography and outfits, which are cool imo.

G Idle is like 2NE1 image-wise. They are try hards, basically. Their music used to be typical Korean pop with visuals and sounds derivated and inspired from other countries and cultures (see Latata, Hann, rtc) but since Soojin left the group music is like "OMG I'm so ugly and proud". For me they have a very strong sense of identity, even if their music is not that consistent I will give you they are highly original.

Aespa is a group who releases NCT demos and still manages to have hits for reason I will never understand. They have a good brand with the IA thing and the members themselves have star power, I think. That brand is likely the reason why the are still so popular, any other group career would have collapsed see Nmixx. I find them bizarre and ugly arsthetically and the whole Kwangya thing in the sing makes me laugh sometimes, and not in a good way

IVE... I don't know never put any attention on them. They are a group I simply don't bother to see anything lol, their music is thr basic kpop GG song you can find in other nugu groups, nothing to write home about

• Errr.. unforgiven literally had the most iconic outfits (by this i mean those they wore for MVs). They were cowgirls, little angels (with the heart outfit) and those outfits with hoodie are some of their most recognisable looks to date.

but no one defines an era due to the music video outfits, it's always the music show outfits tbh. and unforgiven had outfits that could have worked during antifragile era and they wouldn't even look out of place, in my opinion.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!