What happened with JYP?

• Looking their previous group. I can see there was a standard. An effort for make a good product.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But, i feel lately there has been a downgrade in their quality.

I mean, how you see a group capable of doing things like this and decided to give them Tittle tracks full of annoying shoutings and bad raps. :pepe-laser-eyes:

Now they have this group, VCHA. And their MV look like it was made by a youtube channel that makes kpop dance covers. :pepe-shame:

If i remember well, all final decisions go through JYP (i remember JYP reject some GOT7 songs years ago) So,what happen with the old man? All that healthy food make him crazy? The age make him senile? :whatr:

What the fuck happened to you, man? Your ass used to be beautiful
    Jackie Brown clip with quote What the fuck happened to you, man? Your ass used to be beautiful Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find…
    memes.getyarn.io

PD: "I dont put Stray Kids because i think they are a separate case. They do their own thing and they are great at it"

• NmiXXSupremacist

Changed the title of the thread from “What happen with JYP?” to “What happened with JYP?”.
  • I forgot. Last Tittle track of Twice was bland, boring.

and lets dont even talk about Itzy or my glucose goes high :pepe-life-support:

• I have noticed the over reliance of recent MVs on CGI or green screen or whatever and a move away from practical sets. This is a mistake. JYP doesn’t have nearly enough money to make convincing and nice looking CGI on the level they attempt. Also practical sets look better anyways.

I have always complained that JYP is a cheap company from their album designs to their promotion to everything really. I can’t say much about how it was before but I think it really changed around 2018-2019 or so. I do think old man JYP should focus on music production and no so much the creative aspect. Maybe he already does that. But yeah I think JYP needs just new management in general.

• Lack of direction, lack of effort, lack of artistic liberty. They either play it safe or take things too far, complete embarrassment in comparison to other companies of the same caliber

• Let me correct you. J Y Park himself does not manage all the groups. Entertainment divided on (if I remember right) four management teams, where J Y Park as an artist is paired with ITZY's team. Every case you mentioned is different:

1. Miss A was a 2nd gen version of todays "Wonyoung and friends". Afterall, Suzy ended the group by blocking other members from gaining a popularity. I don't think this could be a good role model...

2. Twice is not a downgrade, and Itzy was not a downgrade at first. The problems began when JYPE decided to conquer a modern girl crush style, which they actually don't know how to handle. So they managed Itzy to walk on blackpink trail, and NMIXX on aespa's trail, - both aimed for US audience.

3. Stray Kids is the new BTS in near future, definitely not a downgrade.

Conclusion: despite the cringe personality of their CEO, JYPE remains in big-4 with the most notable gg and bg acts. They kinda failed with NMIXX's music and ITZY's later career, but I don't think any of them will flop to the level of disbandment. Surely they will stay at top-10 ggs during the next few years

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!