2025 - Will Min Heejin deliver a Waterloo to BTS?

• RM holds a lot of sway on JK, and I think that RM's desperation that Min Heejin is gaining more and more power in Hybe led to this decision to fight Min Heejin as soon as he could.

I see the whole BTS saga as something like a Greek Tragedy, where BTS, having conquered the world is felled by forces beyond its control and its inability to ditch Korea (yes I want to hypernate it so badly) , its rebellious people and its 1,344 years old.

I always thought the 1,344 years old singer would fall BTS and laugh as if nothing had happened.

But it seems the nemesis of BTS will be Min Heejin, not the 1,344 years old who will be 1,346 when the decisive battle is fought. Min Heejin was born in 1979 so she would be 46 on 2025, so The 1,346 years old might give the honor to someone who is 1,300 years younger than her.

SM had a desperate battle between the boy group division and t he girl group division around 2010-11. The Boy Group division won, so all effort went into Super Junior and EXO and not much to SNSD, F(X) and Red Velvet . Min Heejin didn't take sides at that time and went back and forth thru both sides, but the very fact that she eventually left SM shows she picked a losing side somewhere on the line.

And, with New Jeans' rise and with the assurance that there will be no BTS activity until the 2nd half of 2025 (the solo activities of Seokjin and Hoseok were not impressive), Min Heejin will concentrate all of her strength for the definite showdown against BTS.

Given the way Bang is behaving, and Bang showing no support on JK's solo activity and using him to promote Bang's new favorite Kid Laroi, it is likely that Bang won't take a side and will just watch who wins this struggle.

Kim Namjoon is well known for his intelligence, but Min Heejin is better at fighting corporate politics. We don't know how far NewJeans will rise next year, but if NJ hits some significant milestones, like the first #1 in Billboard Hot 100 by a female act based in Korea, a stadium tour , or something of that nature, Min Heejin's stature in Hybe will significantly expand.

I think by the time BTS launches its 2025 assault to a world which has sailed passed without them, we will know what happened. If Min Heejin's name shows up anywhere on the list of producers, or a New Jeans member (most likely Pham Ngoc Han) shows up in the credits, then RM has lost the battle against Min Heejin, who will do whatever she feels like to BTS which will be left to imagination for now.

A sad end for the chapter of BTS if that happens, I have to say, when it is being ordered around by someone who started in another company.

Tl. dr. A success of NJ and the continuation of BTS' dominance are mutually exclusive.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!