• The ranking of the most loved singers by Japanese high school girls

The-ranking-of-the-most-loved-singers-by-Japanese-high-school-girls.jpg

#1 BTS

#2 BLACKPINK

#3 TWICE

original post: theqoo

1. Wow BLACKPINK is amazing

2. They don’t like NiziU..?

3. What about NiziU?? Didn’t they say that NiziU has surpassed TWICE’s popularity in Japan?

4. BTS is popular everywhere

5. Where are the people who say BLACKPINK is not popular in Japan? What is this?

6. The future of K-pop is bright

7. BLACKPINK’s rank is higher than TWICE???

8. BLACKPINK is higher than TWICE? I see a lot of TWICE fans who have never acknowledged BLACKPINK’s popularity in Japan.. Well, even if BLACKPINK doesn’t have any Japanese members, BLACKPINK’s rank is still higher than TWICE

9. BLACKPINK is so popular in Japan, but I’ve read a lot of articles saying they are not popular in Japan

10. Surprisingly, they prefer Korean singers to their country’s singersㅋㅋ

• Not them trying to put down twice based on a survey for high school girls.

If you want to see who's more popular in Japan, look at the sales, charting and achievements. Twice competes with local Japanese girl groups and has their own shelves for their albums separate from the kpop category.

• isn't it obvious that high school boys would vote different?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not them trying to put down twice based on a survey for high school girls.

If you want to see who's more popular in Japan, look at the sales, charting and achievements. Twice competes with local Japanese girl groups and has their own shelves for their albums separate from the kpop category.

My guess is Twice will score much higher in the 20's and over category, also with male fans. BP's main target demo is young girls.

• How reliable is this ranking? Kinda unexpected

by the simple fact of seeing kinpuri under BP you realize that it has 0 credibility

it is a simple screenshot of something without context, and on top of that posted on a Korean portal.

I visit girlschannel daily and never saw this list

• My guess is Twice will score much higher in the 20's and over category, also with male fans. BP's main target demo is young girls.

From my experience as a teacher at Japanese high school that occasionally fills in at junior high and elementary schools (thanks Corona) is that Twice does better with male fans and younger kids. Since late 2019 I’ve seen a big shift towards BP or at least away from Twice among the older students. If I go to elementary school or JHS, almost every student will like or know Twice, but very few Blackpink. It’s quite the opposite among my 17/18year old high school students. When I first got here several years ago that wasn’t the case.

I don’t have as much experience with older demographics but it seems pretty even among college students. Older people definitely prefer Twice due to their peak.

The past year or two things have really changed a lot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!