How much freedom is good freedom for your favs? And how much change can you accept from your favs?

• How would you feel if your favs turned out not to be as cute and innocent as you thought they were? 10

The result is only visible to the participants.

How well do you think you know your favs?

Can you guess what they can do with their freedom of expression once they get free from the restrictions of their labels?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think that an idol can be cute and mature enough to take some risks where they can take on projects different from their usual/known image and to me it's growth.

Taking risks doesn't mean that they always lose themselves and turn into completely new people.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Musically I think Day6 already got one of the most freedom compared to many other groups.

They said before in an interview like for a mini album say 6 songs, they will submit like say 20 - 30 songs which they all write and Co-produce themselves and the company will then sieve through and select the best 6 that fits the album.

And also, they were asked if there was like anytime which they felt really strongly about a song and had to fight for it theu said there wasn't really a situation like that.

It was 2019 so that was quite some time ago so I'm not sure how different things are now.

But with the solo albums of notably Young K and Wonpil I would guess that they would have more freedom for that?

Excited to see what they might give us on 2024

• Making music or taking the music route is what most fans would expect from bands like Day6 and vocalists because that's the major reason why they get signed up.

I hope Day6 are happy <3

• Making music or taking the music route is what most fans would expect from bands like Day6 and vocalists because that's the major reason why they get signed up.

I hope Day6 are happy <3

Actually funny story, Young K and Wonpil were not supposed to be band members. Young K was even meant to debut in GOT7 he practised the flipping acrobatics shit and finally learnt how to, and the next day they told them he was gonna be in a band

And Sungjin's dancing was hopeless but JYPE loved his voice so much they made a band for him.

And I think they were supposed to be an acoustic band, but ended up getting Dowoon drummer so they became rock. And then got Jae as well.

I think they are happy with what they are doing. They've gotten so much love from everyone this year especially with no comeback like the entire country has nothing but praise for them and it's so heartwarming to see them be at where they are today

:pepelove2:

• JYP has always wanted cool dancers who do acrobats.

I remember 2PM talking about their choreo and having to do flips and stuff.

Those two must have great personalities, JYP loves that.

• All the freedom in the world so that we can have new scandals everyday

Scandals are fun as long as you're not the one at the centre of it all and no one gets hurt.

• unlimited freedom is the best but the idols must be taught that actions have consequences...sure they have freedom but that just means that they have responsibility in what they do with that freedom...

and if they aren't cute and innocent then so be it - remember all we see of our favs is what they show on camera when they are WORKING!!! and which one of us is the same when on camera and working compared to our private time????

• unlimited freedom is the best but the idols must be taught that actions have consequences...sure they have freedom but that just means that they have responsibility in what they do with that freedom...

and if they aren't cute and innocent then so be it - remember all we see of our favs is what they show on camera when they are WORKING!!! and which one of us is the same when on camera and working compared to our private time????

After being restricted for a long time, one would expect all of them to know the dos and don'ts to avoid scandals but no...some still get carried away.

And for some, with freedom, they get to explore new things that can make them pioneers or end their careers lol!

• sonemariam

Changed the title of the thread from “How much freedom is good freedom for your favs?” to “How much freedom is good freedom for your favs? And how much change can you accept from your favs?”.
  • I am all for artistic freedom, raw artistic talent will never show up if you pre-package them in predefined personalities. Sure it will sell nice because of all the people working hard behind the scenes in company but individual talents wont show up because of restrictions - quite understandable from company side tbf. Case in point - DPR Ian (former C-Clown leader), his artistic side would never see the daylight if he was locked up in idol package (thanks god he got out ><), same goes for Soyeon from Idle, CUBE could never give them the success they have today without her artistic freedom.

In terms of personality freedom, I would rather see the true artist faces rather than curated ones. If they are bad so be it - people can pick and choose who they want to follow, tho we can definitely see why companies are on the fence about it. *Oppa is your boyfriend* *I am so innocent teehee* manufactured idols images are so damn cringe.

So from company side - little to no freedom is good, they can control their carefully curated brain child and sell it as is.

For idols - full freedom to do what they want so they can actually explore and become artists rather than company puppets.

• it depends on the "change"

if they are average idols and then you find out they are bullys or mistreat people, i don`t think you can keep on staning

if you follow an idol for the music and then they change the style, and you don`t like it, you might still like the idol, but won`t stan their music

even some concepts are not easy to stan. Like when Exo had their elves era....SM and their stupid concepts

10+ Times Idols Outdid Santa Claus With Their Christmas Costumes

my, was this stupid. I still love exo

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I agree. Most songwriters find it easy to write about their life experiences. Keeping a mask on and maintaining it makes it difficult to experience stuff.

It's not fun to live life like a robot.

• True and that Exo era was sweet, chaotic but musically amazing.

• True and that Exo era was sweet, chaotic but musically amazing.

• After being restricted for a long time, one would expect all of them to know the dos and don'ts to avoid scandals but no...some still get carried away.

And for some, with freedom, they get to explore new things that can make them pioneers or end their careers lol!

if they do get carried away then it's their choice...just like you and I for example my friend we both have a choice to remain civil with each other and not call each other names or stuff like that...but some other people on the forums don't...

there's always bad apples in every bunch and kpop is no different...

and that's the freedom they have no? any one of them can say or do something stupid shit and have career ending moments any time...

• Thats true and it's sad for the fans who get fooled with fake personas and they get delusional only to find out that their idols are far from what they thought they are.

if they do get carried away then it's their choice...just like you and I for example my friend we both have a choice to remain civil with each other and not call each other names or stuff like that...but some other people on the forums don't...

there's always bad apples in every bunch and kpop is no different...

and that's the freedom they have no? any one of them can say or do something stupid shit and have career ending moments any time...

• Thats true and it's sad for the fans who get fooled with fake personas and they get delusional only to find out that their idols are far from what they thought they are.

which is all the more reason to enjoy our favs and have a tempered relationship with them and not a crazy parasocial one...

• which is all the more reason to enjoy our favs and have a tempered relationship with them and not a crazy parasocial one...

Yeah~ :pepe-toast:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!