Hybe letting Dream Academy trainees have social media is a mistake

• Idols shouldn't mess with politics. Don't comment and don't get involved. I've always said that. Don't attend political events, don't take pics with political officials. They can comment on social injustice but they should keep their political opinions for themselves.

• Damn, Iliya is one thing...Samara though?

She was pretty much a shoo-in for the final line-up. Her doing this may actually push Manon in her place instead.

There are some issues you can get away with, but this Israel vs. Palestine thing is very serious and can make a lot of people hate you VERY quickly depending which side you take. If Dream Academy was bigger, she'd be getting dragged to hell right now.

I think Brazilians will continue to support her. Maybe even more aggressively now, but if the rest of the possible fandom hates her, she might be in trouble.

Like...girl, why would you do this!? Especially when you're trying to join an international GG and have so much focus on everything you do right now?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Damn, Iliya is one thing...Samara though?

i don't watch the show, can you explain this? Why the first girl is one thing but the other is surprising?

As for international group, i also don't get that point. This is a complicated conflict, some are supporting Israel, some Palestine. I don't think her place is in jeopardy if she's good. People will forget about it like they do with everything else

• i don't watch the show, can you explain this? Why the first girl is one thing but the other is surprising?

As for international group, i also don't get that point. This is a complicated conflict, some are supporting Israel, some Palestine. I don't think her place is in jeopardy if she's good. People will forget about it like they do with everything else

Iliya also posted some pro-Israel tweets, but she was eliminated when she did it. So, any negative backlash she would have received did not really matter in terms of Dream Academy.

And, I don't know about other countries, but I know in the US, there is a large group of vocal people who are very anti-Israel. It's a very divisive subject. Most people I know, who are not Jewish, are anti-Israel and celebrities here get attacked for posting anything pro-Israel.

Just recently, Kylie Jenner posted something pro-Israel and then ended up having to delete it, which people assumed was because of the negative backlash. While Samara's core fanbase in Brazil probably won't be affected, her international fanbase will definitely take a hit. How much that will actually affect her rankings, we'll have to see during this next mission.

People would probably forget if she had already debuted, but since who debuts is somewhat affected by voting, the fact she did this right as people are picking their favorites is dumb. Manon's voting tanked when the judge insinuated she missed practice because she wasn't dedicated enough (which we later found out was because she was actually sick), so little things like this can affect your placement.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• its not just that as far as im aware...

more christian jew issues and apparently anti-indian ones too

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the thread of everything in DETAIL:

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Iliya also posted some pro-Israel tweets, but she was eliminated when she did it. So, any negative backlash she would have received did not really matter in terms of Dream Academy.

Oh, okay, I thought it has something with her nationality (I'm not sure what she is but i assume either russian, ukranian or belorus).

And, I don't know about other countries, but I know in the US, there is a large group of vocal people who are very anti-Israel. It's a very divisive subject. Most people I know, who are not Jewish, are anti-Israel and celebrities here get attacked for posting anything pro-Israel.

I noticed that on twitter.

I said we shouldn't talk about politics but I have to prove my point.

Russia got kicked out from eurovision for attacking ukraine but israel have been killing Palestinians for decades and they are allowed to participate. And not only that, they were allowed to host the show. Also, during the voting part that year in israel iceland's representatives showed "free Palestine" banner and iceland public broadcaster was fined for that. Europe likes standards that much that they decided to double them.

I won't share my opinion on whose side I'm on, it's irrelevant anyway. But I'll say that I'm really sad that this is happening, innocent civilians are dying and I want to cry. Same for Ukrainians and Russians. I don't care who you support or not but people are losing their loved ones from all sides and it breaks my heart.

• External Content x.com

damnnn

Omg...not Lara and Ezrela being literally on the same show with her. pepe-ooh

• It keeps getting worse. I-....

She's literally trying to debut in a group formed in an Asian country by an Asian company.

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

• isnt there indian trainee in dream academy? oop

• i can see samara dropping in the ranking by a LOTT especially if the only ppl supporting her are gonna be the brazilians. sophia will remain as no. 1 now ig

she won’t drop, she is the most important vocalist in the group. also, look at super junior, a member supports trump, posts transphobic things and the group still has lots of fans, she will be fine.

External Content x.com

• I mean there's alot to unpack about what's going on, but the commenters here acting like there isn't legitimate issues with oppression/repression of Christianity in China and the rise of Hindu extremism/nationalism in India is just as wild. Attacking someone with bad takes or problematic statements with your own problematic statements don't make it correct.

The Rise of Hindu Nationalism and Its Regional and Global Ramifications - Association for Asian Studies
    European powers gained interest in the Indian subcontinent by the late fifteenth century. Competing powers, including the Dutch, French, Portuguese, and…
    www.asianstudies.org

Just..... I don't know if many people here should be in a position to offer their own comments on many of these things.

• I mean there's alot to unpack about what's going on, but the commenters here acting like there isn't legitimate issues with oppression/repression of Christianity in China and the rise of Hindu extremism/nationalism in India is just as wild. Attacking someone with bad takes or problematic statements with your own problematic statements don't make it correct.

https://freedomhouse.org/repor…tianity-religious-freedom

https://www.asianstudies.org/p…and-global-ramifications/

Just..... I don't know if many people here should be in a position to offer their own comments on many of these things.

Wow you really went there to equate us discussing a candidate’s support of anti-Chinese and anti-Indian to “oppression” of Christianity in the countries. Actions of the government or a small group shouldn’t even be equated to anti- an entire ethnicity.

Also Christianity can still be found in both China and India and quick Google says there’s a large group in both country and some say growing.

Please let’s not also forget the role that Christianity played in colonialism, causing violent conflict in the past - for example the Taiping rebellion in China - in both countries too. Like how many people died because one religion deemed itself more important than local or indigenous beliefs.

Here is a forum and we def should discuss complicated issues and correct misinformation.

• Wow you really went there to equate us discussing a candidate’s support of anti-Chinese and anti-Indian to “oppression” of Christianity in the countries. Actions of the government or a small group shouldn’t even be equated to anti- an entire ethnicity.

I'm referring to the specific quotes from the book outing real and present issues with Hindu extremism and Chinese repression.

Those are real things, where you like it or not - I'm not even Christian, but these are confirmed issues and problems by UN agencies and secular NGOs.

Attack her for anti india etc - that's fine. But the part about quoting real issues of religious freedom in India and China was being dubiously linked to as 'being anti china and anti india' which is not the truth, unless you are going to call agencies like Amnesty International 'anti India and anti China'.

Lastly, decrying Hindu Extremism is as being 'anti india' is using the same tactic that the right wing do when criticism of Israel's policies is painted as 'anti-semitic'. India is not just Hindu and vice versa. You are treading on disingenuous waters attempting to paint that brush.

There's bucketloads of terrible likes and comments this young lady has made without trying to minimize actual legitimate religious freedom concerns, as was quoted in one of those tweets there.

• Despite her talents and visuals, i never get good vibes from her from their vlogs, now i understand why. Meanwhile girls that the fans hate (brooklyn and manon) have such nice personalities.

Girls that I find likable are (personality wise): Sophia, Megan, Emily, Mei, Brooklyn, Manon, Ezrela, Celete and Karlee. Too bad 3 of them got eliminated.

• Rule Nr.1 if you’re a celebrity or about to become one stay out of politics.

It’s the safest option.

Gigi Hadid posted the most diplomatic statement to this matter and still got in trouble.

Jamie Lee Curtis posted a pic in support of Israel using a photo of gaza. She later deleted the post :skull: justin Bieber also posted praying for israel photo, also of gaza :skull: these clown cannot even check what they are posting

I saw gigi's post, i think it was written well.

But i still stand by it that celebrities shouldn't share their political views. Keep them to yourself

• This thread contains 45 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!