Miihi on Lee Mujin Service Ahead of NiziU Korean Debut

• Still don't know why they are debuting in Korea, but time to listen to some heavenly vocals!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• i think they'll do alright in sk

We'll see.

JYPE GGs have mostly been underperforming this year. The only decent performing songs were LMLT and Cake.

That, plus they are a completely Japanese group. I also haven't really seen anyone talking about their debut tbh.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Miihi did amazing. She was my favorite on the show as well.

I have a baaad feeling about this Korean debut though, there's hella views for 8 hours but hard to find a single Korean comment on this video. Going to be awkward if their Korean debut sells more in Japan than in Korea.

• Miihi did amazing. She was my favorite on the show as well.

I have a baaad feeling about this Korean debut though, there's hella views for 8 hours but hard to find a single Korean comment on this video. Going to be awkward if their Korean debut sells more in Japan than in Korea.

Honestly, that's what I feel like is going to happen lol.

Hard to imagine a fully Japanese group doing well in Korea. Like, XG hasn't exactly been welcomed with open arms. Of course, that has a lot to do with they guy who manages them basically talking bad about KPOP and KPOP artists.

NiziU belongs to JYPE (a huge Korean company), but that leverage isn't doing much to help their own acts chart well in Korea even though they sell well. I'd feel more confident if this was a HYBE or SM group, but then again &Team exists, and no one ever talks about them despite being from HYBE.

It's hard for me to imagine this debut doing that well. The only thing they really have going for them is that they have the Twice spice that SK has been missing since Twice ditched it in 2019.

• I think the aim is to try using a Korean debut to reach out to more international fans. Surely JYP knows that a Japanese KPOP group does not have much chance of actually getting popular in Korea.

Interesting that you mentioned &TEAM, I thought the HYBE fanbase would have made that group more popular internationally, but it seems even them can't do it, their debut MV hasn't even broken 10M views after 10 months.

• I think the aim is to try using a Korean debut to reach out to more international fans. Surely JYP knows that a Japanese KPOP group does not have much chance of actually getting popular in Korea.

Interesting that you mentioned &TEAM, I thought the HYBE fanbase would have made that group more popular internationally, but it seems even them can't do it, their debut MV hasn't even broken 10M views after 10 months.

Yeah, I contemplated that too.

NiziU had some decent international interest for their pre-debut and debut, but after that, their YouTube views plummeted and their Japanese fanbase are the only ones who really supported them.

It'd be interesting to see if they really do gain more international interest with this Korean debut.

• Yeah, I contemplated that too.

NiziU had some decent international interest for their pre-debut and debut, but after that, their YouTube views plummeted and their Japanese fanbase are the only ones who really supported them.

It'd be interesting to see if they really do gain more international interest with this Korean debut.

You know I remember seeing various K-Pop fans saying how they don't follow J-Pop because they lack in skills or difficulty in getting content due to copyright laws and lack of translations etc, but I think it's all bullshit, they also used to say they don't care for Japanese releases because it's the same song translated but even original Japanese songs get way less attention. Despite Japanese members of some K-Pop groups being pretty popular, you can see that Japanese content itself is not, the same can be said for Chinese content.

• What's the point of making a localized group if you still won't manage them well?

JYPE saying "we drop the ball in Japan, maybe korea will be our second chance to hit big again".

• What's the point of making a localized group if you still won't manage them well?

JYPE saying "we drop the ball in Japan, maybe korea will be our second chance to hit big again".

NiziU is doing well in Japan though, lol.

It makes more sense to keep promoting them there than going to Korea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!