top 5 reasons why i hate korea

1. wallet took a significant hit due to frequent kpop related purchases
    2. i've developed an addiction to korean food which isn't cheap where i live(philippines)
    3. learning korean for the past 5 years was a huge time sink but i'd say it's kinda worth it just for the cognitive health benefits alone
    4. i could've saved some money on cancelling netflix since most of western media has gone woke and ultimately unwatchable but the korean stuff pulled me back in. goddamn it
    5. the last one mostly applies to the north but i've fallen hopelessly in love with kim jong un. to me, he's the very definition of what a hype boy should be. ~cuz i-i-i-i know what you like boy~
  • As a native Korean, I personally find this mindset potentially problematic. Maybe I’m not understanding fully as English is not my native language, but it seems like OP is promoting the mindset of if you hate something about Korea - get out? Is that right?

Isn’t it possible to hate many things about a country but still love it? I love Korea and it is my country, but I hate the education system. I hate how workers are treated like mindless drones and how tone deaf the government is.

Should I just pack up my bags? Should people who feel the same leave too? I guess the point that I am suggesting is that if there is something wrong with a country, fixing the problems isn’t accomplished by telling people who think something is wrong to get out.

• As a native Korean, I personally find this mindset potentially problematic. Maybe I’m not understanding fully as English is not my native language, but it seems like OP is promoting the mindset of if you hate something about Korea - get out? Is that right?

Isn’t it possible to hate many things about a country but still love it? I love Korea and it is my country, but I hate the education system. I hate how workers are treated like mindless drones and how tone deaf the government is.

Should I just pack up my bags? Should people who feel the same leave too? I guess the point that I am suggesting is that if there is something wrong with a country, fixing the problems isn’t accomplished by telling people who think something is wrong to get out.

with all due respect I think half of what the OP is saying is sarcasm...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!