iKON members have officially reclaimed all group trademarks from YG Entertainment

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is so awesome, so far only few groups in recent years did this, no? I know for tara and got7.

And the moment they left YG I noticed they are really doing everything on their terms and their own pace. Album, tours, festivals...good for them truly.

• It's because those PARTICULAR trademarks have expired. YG allowed them to expire.

YG still owns the name, discography. But again, YG agreed to let them perform the songs and use the name when YG allowed their contracts expired. YG didn't have to do that. YG could ask for compensation for every album they put out under the name iKON and proceeds from shows they perform songs owned by YG, but again, YG has chosen not to do that as a favor to the group.

Speaking of favors, it's not a coincidence that iKON went to a label owned by a former YG artist.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Good for them. I’ve liked ikon already since the WIN survival show and oh boy the sht they’ve been through

:pepecute:

I’m glad they get to do what they want on their own terms now

• It's because those PARTICULAR trademarks have expired. YG allowed them to expire.

YG still owns the name, discography. But again, YG agreed to let them perform the songs and use the name when YG allowed their contracts expired. YG didn't have to do that. YG could ask for compensation for every album they put out under the name iKON and proceeds from shows they perform songs owned by YG, but again, YG has chosen not to do that as a favor to the group.

Speaking of favors, it's not a coincidence that iKON went to a label owned by a former YG artist.

i just found out its founder is DM . wtf ??
    no wonder dok2 is in there. he used to be DM hypeman iirc

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!