Seven by Jungkook breaks the tie with "Ella Baila Sola" and is now the LONGEST Charting Song by a Male Act at #1 on Spotify Global Chart in 2023 [52 Days]!!!

• Update, broke the tie

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Shocked how thats possible really his fans are crazy lol

The song is top 5 on Apple Music and Top 3 on YT and at 1 on Melon Weekly, 8 weeks after release and topping both BB Global 200 and Global Excl Us for 7 consecutive weeks with 99% points due to streams. I think it is safe to say he has gp interest given how the song is viral on tiktok and insta reels. His fans cannot do this alone but I know its been tough for some to accept BTS have gp interest, so sure its "crazy fans".

• Shocked how thats possible really his fans are crazy lol

Lol, even I’m shocked at how big this song is. Is it my favourite, heck no….but it’s reallllyyyy stupid for anyone to think that this is fandom driven, it would have slowly dropped off now as we mostly see with BTS and BP songs on Spotify, it peaks then streams drops slowly. With how well it’s doing globally and in SK, both on Spotify and YT. Its the biggest release by a soloist since PSY, FULL STOP. Bring receipts if you disagree lol

• JK breaks so many records every week that sometimes I have to read the thread twice to understand the magnitude of what he is achieving

I am now numb...its like I make the threads but Seven has done so much that its just like, oh that record too, ofc.

He is on track for the biggest and most important record on spotify aka fastest song ever to 1 billion streams and like even that is not shocking me anymore cause 7 has just made me used to all this now. I have moved on from shock, bafflement and awe to calm acceptance.

• The song is top 5 on Apple Music and Top 3 on YT and at 1 on Melon Weekly, 8 weeks after release and topping both BB Global 200 and Global Excl Us for 7 consecutive weeks with 99% points due to streams. I think it is safe to say he has gp interest given how the song is viral on tiktok and insta reels. His fans cannot do this alone but I know its been tough for some to accept BTS have gp interest, so sure its "crazy fans".

Okay thats Korea though , if he really had big GP interest the song should be on global charts but not sure it is. Could be wrong though.

I guess its doing really well in Asian countries on spotify.

Lol, even I’m shocked at how big this song is. Is it my favourite, heck no….but it’s reallllyyyy stupid for anyone to think that this is fandom driven, it would have slowly dropped off now as we mostly see with BTS and BP songs on Spotify, it peaks then streams drops slowly. With how well it’s doing globally and in SK, both on Spotify and YT. Its the biggest release by a soloist since PSY, FULL STOP. Bring receipts if you disagree lol

Yeah its big on spotify never said it wasnt.

This ain't fandom alone

duh

• I’m confused.

While Melon Weekly is a Korean chart, the other metrics paradis mentioned ARE global though. Seven’s #1 on Spotify Global, #5 on Apple Music Global (peaked at #2 like Dynamite and Butter), #1 on Billboard Global 200 and Global 200 Exc US, #3 YouTube Music Global, trending on global platforms like TikTok and IG Reels.

Even on Spotify, it’s charting in 71 out of 72 countries.

Where did she say these numbers are only coming from Korea? :pepe-magnify:

I myself have heard the song playing in public spaces and people irl singing it without even bringing it up myself…

• What global artists? I am literally talking about global charts - global Apple Music, Global Spotify and Global YT, not Korean charts...do you even know what he is doing with this song globally or are you just coming from a place of ignorance or worse same old mindset of assuming its all "crazy fans".

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• The reason its even 5 on global apple music is cause another country artist in US album bombed, else its beem stable in top 3...I think forgotten knows nothing about records 7 has broken globally on every platform, right up to its 8th week, hence talking like this and looking foolish in the process!!!

• ForgottenSoul

This is Seven in its 8th week on global platforms not spotify and not Korea, first understand the magnitude of seven's achievements and then see how foolish your contention of it being fan driven sounds, and these are not even all of what Seven is doing

Its original peak is this

And this is BB global charts records of Seven which encompasses several streaming platforms globally, not just spotify

Edited 3 times, last by paradis ().

• The reason its even 5 on global apple music is cause another country artist in US album bombed, else its beem stable in top 3...I think forgotten knows nothing about records 7 has broken globally on every platform, right up to its 8th week, hence talking like this and looking foolish in the process!!!

Even Doja Cat’s only charting in 50+ countries and a huge chunk of her streams (like many other US artists) are hard carried by the US. But sure, she’s the true “global” queen while Jungkook/BTS could chart all around the world and STILL be discredited.

Y’all been saying that BTS’ #1’s are illegitimate and fan driven because they’re hard carried by sales while other artists’ hits are “real” and “organic” despite most of their points coming from radio spins but we now have a song whose weekly #1’s are hard carried by streams and views while its sales (fandom’s main strength) are lagging behind and it’s STILL not a GP hit?

If we were this powerful, we would’ve done this for every BTS song and every member’s solo releases.

• Lol then you know it’s not fandom driven 😭 why am I doing your homework for u. Spotify is the biggest music streaming site currently. I already seen enough threads here about his charting blah blah, it’s getting boring. But for an Asian act to do this well on GLOBAL SPOTIFY is fking difficult. I mean yea BTS and BP have done amazing on YT but in terms of out charting their Western counter parts, their streams ALWAYS slow down, Google it, they don’t have a single song in the top 30 most streamed videos lol, PSY will always rule that record for Kpop. My biggest question is not even something silly like is this fandom driven LOL, it is can this become one of the most streamed songs of all time on Spotify?!!!

• Even Doja Cat’s only charting in 50+ countries and a huge chunk of her streams (like many other US artists) are hard carried by the US. But sure, she’s the true “global” queen while Jungkook/BTS could chart all around the world and STILL be discredited.

Y’all been saying that BTS’ #1’s are illegitimate and fan driven because they’re hard carried by sales while other artists’ hits are “real” and “organic” despite most of their points coming from radio spins but we now have a song whose weekly #1’s are hard carried by streams and views while its sales (fandom’s main strength) are lagging behind and it’s STILL not a GP hit?

If we were this powerful, we would’ve done this for every BTS song and every member’s solo releases.

The idiocy to say its only doing well in Asia when its charting in 71 of 72 countries in the world that have spotify charts, for 8 effin weeks now, the only song doing so on Global spotify and if that is not enough, its literally cementing its place as one of the biggest global hits of this decade with how its charting for 6 consecutive weeks on BB global charts with massive streams across platforms!!!

Its just evident that some people live in a state of denial and refuse to accept the reality of a BTS member's song being a gp hit globally, bigger than all Kpop artists songs bar Dynamite, Butter and Gangnam Style.

• The idiocy to say its only doing well in Asia when its charting in 71 of 72 countries in the world that have spotify charts, for 8 effin weeks now, the only song doing so on Global spotify and if that is not enough, its literally cementing its place as one of the biggest global hits of this decade with how its charting for 6 consecutive weeks on BB global charts with massive streams across platforms!!!

Its just evident that some people live in a state of denial and refuse to accept the reality of a BTS member's song being a gp hit globally, bigger than all Kpop artists songs bar Dynamite, Butter and Gangnam Style.

You should add Cupid to that list too (that song was also everywhere) but yeah, I agree.

• You should add Cupid to that list too (that song was also everywhere) but yeah, I agree.

Would disagree on Cupid based on sheer magnitude of numbers, its not a match for any of the songs mentioned above, but that is deviating from the topic at hand and can be discussed elsewhere.

P.S. The everywhere is a stretch for Cupid as Japan and SK alone prove that contention to be flawed.

• Would disagree on Cupid based on sheer numbers but that is deviating from the topic at hand and can be discussed elsewhere.

Cupid may not outstream Gangnam Style or BTS’ biggest hits based on numbers alone but its impact of literally playing on ALL social media platforms and in real life is also very real. The way Jungkook’s monthly listeners shot up to surpass BTS’ (even for only a few days), Cupid did the same for Fifty Fifty, the only non-BTS act to even come close to BTS’ monthly listener peak. That shouldn’t be overlooked.

I don’t like seeing BTS and their members’ success being downplayed, hence why I’m not going to do the same to Fifty Fifty who really scored themselves one of K-pop’s most viral global hits ever.

• Lol then you know it’s not fandom driven 😭 why am I doing your homework for u. Spotify is the biggest music streaming site currently. I already seen enough threads here about his charting blah blah, it’s getting boring. But for an Asian act to do this well on GLOBAL SPOTIFY is fking difficult. I mean yea BTS and BP have done amazing on YT but in terms of out charting their Western counter parts, their streams ALWAYS slow down, Google it, they don’t have a single song in the top 30 most streamed videos lol, PSY will always rule that record for Kpop. My biggest question is not even something silly like is this fandom driven LOL, it is can this become one of the most streamed songs of all time on Spotify?!!!

I think it seems more fandom driven because it seems like mainly streaming success. For a song this big on spotify I just expected more charting on like offical charts.

The reason its even 5 on global apple music is cause another country artist in US album bombed, else its beem stable in top 3...I think forgotten knows nothing about records 7 has broken globally on every platform, right up to its 8th week, hence talking like this and looking foolish in the process!!!

Nah I know it broke records but like for such a record breaking song on Spotify I expected it to chart better on offical charts?

Just for a song this massive I dunno expected more I guess at least in the west.

Yeah I know about its streaming success.

The idiocy to say its only doing well in Asia when its charting in 71 of 72 countries in the world that have spotify charts, for 8 effin weeks now, the only song doing so on Global spotify and if that is not enough, its literally cementing its place as one of the biggest global hits of this decade with how its charting for 6 consecutive weeks on BB global charts with massive streams across platforms!!!

Its top countries are mainly Asia? I think its a streaming hit but at least in the west it doesnt seem like a hit compared to how big it is in asia.

• Cupid may not outstream Gangnam Style or BTS’ biggest hits based on numbers alone but its impact of literally playing on ALL social media platforms and in real life is also very real. The way Jungkook’s monthly listeners shot up to surpass BTS’ (even for only a few days), Cupid did the same for Fifty Fifty, the only non-BTS act to even come close to BTS’ monthly listener peak. That shouldn’t be overlooked.

I don’t like seeing BTS and their members’ success being downplayed, hence why I’m not going to do the same to Fifty Fifty who really scored themselves one of K-pop’s most viral global hits ever.

You can read my post above, I can also get you charts to prove how it literally did not do well everywhere as you are claiming. Again Japan alone is teh 2nd biggest music market in the world where it underperformed. Its charting also does not match the songs mentioned above in many country charts or even platforms, so again I am not coming from a place to undermine but I am talking on actual numbers, not what I saw around me and what I felt it is. Cupid did well, its a cute sleeper hit, but as far as I am concerned its not an earth shattering massive gigantic hit. Again, I would rather not discuss it here as this is not a thread on Cupid.

• I thought the narrative the past few years has always been that fandom driven hits are carried by sales while GP driven hits are carried by streams, especially if we’re looking at its streaming numbers after two weeks. It’s been two months. Fandom alone cannot sustain streams that high for that long. They almost always peter out after the release week after mass streaming burnout.

And it is still charting on official charts too.

• Lol, wait by that logic other than BTS, all BP songs are fandom driven as fk then, coz they don’t chart anywhere on official charts and falls off quickly. All they have is streams. The only kpop song which has both is Gangnam Style, which oc is the biggest Kpop hit. Even Cupid wasn’t that amazing on ‘official charts’ 😭 I think you need to get you logic checked mate, even I don’t want to discredit BP’s and BTS’s success. All successful chart songs have the biggest streams of that year, don’t be a silly person 😂

• So now you are moving from it being fandom driven to it being an Asian hit...lmao...typical Blink behaviour. Here read this thread and educate yourself again

• I thought the narrative the past few years has always been that fandom driven hits are carried by sales while GP driven hits are carried by streams, especially if we’re looking at its streaming numbers after two weeks. It’s been two months. Fandom alone cannot sustain streams that high for that long. They almost always peter out after the release week after mass streaming burnout.

And it is still charting on official charts too.

I never said its fandom alone but quite a big chunk but we will never know ;p

• Fandom driven doesnt just mean fully fandom driven but sure.

It clearly is more a Asian streaming hit at least on spotify. Its top countries current on Spotify are Asia.

Its getting nearly 3m on Spotify from just

Thailand 1.1m

Vietnam 860k

Philippines 530k

Japan 320k.

It being more of a Asian hit is not a diss either not sure why people get so mad about this.

Lol, wait by that logic other than BTS, all BP songs are fandom driven as fk then, coz they don’t chart anywhere on official charts and falls off quickly. All they have is streams. The only kpop song which has that is Gangnam Style, which oc is the biggest Kpop hit 😭 I think you need to get you logic checked mate, even I don’t want to discredit BP’s and BTS’s success. All successful chart songs have the biggest streams of that year, don’t be a silly person 😂

BP has nothing to do with this discussion lmfao.

Anyways Said what I wanted to say wont comment more on it.

• Yeah I know about its streaming success.

You clearly do not hence you were stuck on Spotify and thinking we were talking about Korea and asked about other platforms and globally, please stop shifting goal posts.

As for official country charts in west or elsewhere, it has broken all records for Kpop acts, matching records set by Psy and BTS alone. Read the thread I linked above to grasp its success

• i'm sorry, but you can't be serious right now? ForgottenSoul

no other kpop act - besides bts & psy - has done better than 7 globally

it's smashing EVERYWHERE and it's only a solo

this is giving "rita ora fans trying to downplay the succes of miley's flowers"

• I never said its fandom alone but quite a big chunk but we will never know ;p

Anyways Said what I wanted to say wont comment more on it.

You were the one siding with Olivia back then when she was up against Butter because Olivia’s song was a ‘real hit’ because she had the streams while Butter had more sales. But one other factor is she had much larger industry support via radio while BTS constantly faced pushback from them.

Why is this narrative suddenly changing to “it’s a streaming hit, a fandom driven hit” while ignoring that other top western artists are mainly getting their chart points from radio spins?

• You really seem to be suffering from cognitive dissonance, I link you a thread with it breaking records in country official charts outside Asia and you refuse to look at it just to continue with your fallacious contention, is the reality so tough for some of you to accept?

• It’s okay, it’s rings too close to home. I’m bringing you back to reality by giving an example you care about, same as me stating fifty fifty and PSY lol 😂 But BP has had massive success in the West, so don’t go discrediting other people because it makes who you support look silly lol

• I know a blonk can't help but be shocked because all their fav songs flopped except the tiktok song. If not for tik tok, they would have nothing but YouTube to clutch to. Oh and the 82% bot streams. Can't forget about that. #RoadTo1B

Anyways OP, this user updates very rarely because of real life but they posted Seven in its seventh week two days ago;

And these were last updated on August 15th

• See some one pretend to be unable to read now :skull:

• You were the one siding with Olivia back then when she was up against Butter because Olivia’s song was a ‘real hit’ because she had the streams while Butter had more sales. But one other factor is she had much larger industry support via radio while BTS constantly faced pushback from them.

Why is this narrative suddenly changing to “it’s a streaming hit, a fandom driven hit” while ignoring that other top western artists are mainly getting their chart points from radio spins?

No I was siding with Oliva because I like Oliva?

I like good music and Butter was not good music and Oliva's song was a real hit.. as soon as Armys stopped mass downloading, it fell like a rock.

You really seem to be suffering from cognitive dissonance, I link you a thread with it breaking records in country official charts outside Asia and you refuse to look at it just to continue with your fallacious contention, is the reality so tough for some of you to accept?

I mean yeah its a streaming hit that is obvious. I just think for a song still pulling 7m a day daily to be bigger in the west.

You clearly do not hence you were stuck on Spotify and thinking we were talking about Korea and asked about other platforms and globally, please stop shifting goal posts.

As for official country charts in west or elsewhere, it has broken all records for Kpop acts, matching records set by Psy and BTS alone. Read the thread I linked above to grasp its success

I did misread/skim that first reply thought it was mainly Korea tbh.

• I know its breaking solo KPOP records or KPOP records in general but it's also broken spotify records full stop so I expected more in the west thats all.

• It is charting in 71 out of 72 countries in the world that have spotify charts, it is the only song on spotify doing so right now and for 7 weeks at a stretch...there is no bigger global hit than Seven right now. This is a fact!!!

• See some one pretend to be unable to read now :skull:

Still charting in 71/72 countries (and still #1 in 8 countries in its seventh week)

But let's not forget her debut

Queen shit.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!