Why Do A Lot Of Idols Obsess Over Taking Pictures Of Their Food?

• I was just watching this vlog of Sunghoon from Enhypen.

And he was eating his food all regular, but then got startled that he didn't take a picture of his plate before eating.

So he immediately stopped chewing and got the fork to "fix his plate up nice", even though he already ate half of his food, and he started trying to take the picture in all these angles.

Then continued eating as if nothing happened.

I wanna ask, is it like a Korean thing or something?

Like yeah people all over the world take pictures of their food, especially influencers and famous people.

But I've seen regular Korean people too, break a sweat if they forget to take a picture of their plate before eating it/touching it.

WHY??? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Go to Best Answer
  • why do you fix up your hair or clothes before you take a picture of yourself? why do you clean up the background of your room/your house before taking a photo of an object placed in front of it? :clown:

to quote the great bryce harper

DEf0KNrXYAEERwF.jpg

• why do you fix up your hair or clothes before you take a picture of yourself? why do you clean up the background of your room/your house before taking a photo of an object placed in front of it? :clown:

to quote the great bryce harper

DEf0KNrXYAEERwF.jpg

you sound very dumb.

i didn't say "why do they fix up their plate before taking a picture" bozo.

i was saying why do they care so much about taking pictures of their food before eating it.

like they can order a drink or something to eat, without having to capture it.

that's all i said.

now bye, stop wasting my time

• you sound very dumb.

basically you just described yourself lol. now that everyone has a camera to capture anything any time they want, people take pictures of the most mundane things. a cracked pavement, a throw pillow, a weed that grows in their backyard. you could ask the same question why people even take pictures of such meaningless useless things no one cares about, are they stupid? :clown:

people can take pictures of food bc it looks pretty/delicious and they want to save it like they'd take a picture of a piece of art, or they want to retain their memory of it through a photo, or they want to share their experience with others. there are many reasons why ordinary people take photos of food, just like there are many reasons they do to other things in their life that ultimately don't serve any great purpose. if you were just looking for an excuse to shit on people for being obsessive and bragging about some dumb food on social media or whatever, you're not gonna get it :thumbup:

Edited once, last by whips ().

• Well this thread took an interesting turn lol :eyes:

To answer OP, I guess to post on insta like hey look I just tried this new food. I used to take pics of food but I stopped. I am to hungry to continue

• Best Answer

I've wondered the same thing. It is very prevalent with idols especially. To the point that it's annoying.

I'm sure it's because they think it looks pretty and wants capture the image forever for some reason but to stop eating and try to fix the plate because you forgot to take a picture is ridiculous. It's not that serious.

Fun fact: I have never in my life taken a picture of my food AND I have never in my life taken a selfie.

• Don't a lot of people do this though? people like to share random things online . For a celebrity taking photos of their food is a way to like give content to fans like look flop I'm eating this have you eaten anything yet? or to tell friends ig?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!