Why do so many people act like having favorite members in a group is a sin?

• Just a rant but nowadays i'm seeing so much drama about it, i don't see the problem about having favorites in a group? i mean obviously being an akgae actively hating on the other bandmates is not cool but i see for example on army fandom ot7s comparing the solo performances on charts and how unequal it is but isn't that expected?? (ot7 armys comenting on JK seven chart performance about how he has more days at #1 on spotify global than all other kpop acts combined or somethin and they saying where's this energy for this or that member...) all groups have members more popular than others and especially in a group where all members have different vibes like BTS it's only natural to have one or two members that suits your tastes more, i'm heavily taekook biased (as in tae and kook individually not the romantic ship ffs) and i think their musical direction, vibes, visuals and personalities fit my tastes more so i listen to them two the most out of all solos but does that make me a bad army?? according to a lot of armys on twitter yes... :thinkerpepe:

• nochutae

Changed the title of the thread from “Why do so many people act like hsving favorite members in a group is a sin?” to “Why do so many people act like having favorite members in a group is a sin?”.
  • the question isn't having a fav within a group

the question is what that is that person's actions as a result thereof

do they then shit on the other members or the group as a whole or write stuff like [fav] >>>> [group] and stuff like that

the person who is "shit" will still be shit regardless if he or she had a fav - it's their actions that are problematic not the fact that they have a fav...since people who like OT7 (speaking of BTS) can still be shit people if their actions are problematic

• for example on army fandom ot7s comparing the solo performances on charts and how unequal it is but isn't that expected?? (ot7 armys comenting on JK seven chart performance about how he has more days at #1 on spotify global than all other kpop acts combined or somethin and they saying where's this energy for this or that member...)

these type of narration only came up from people who's exposed to akgae's rant too much

i can only talk about bts, but army around me understand that when it comes to popularity, we can't help if gp is drawn to certain member, certain music genre, certain PR activities, and the use of english. with popularity comes chart longevity especially on billboard that curb on fandom's effort.

idk for me an accomplishment from a member's release is a win for bts and army so i root for everybody, but that's also because i happened to like everybody's music taste and frankly i can't ask all army to have similar taste with me and/or bts. if tae broke jk's record, i won't be angry bc that's so lame lmaoooooo

twitter are filled with people who can't accept people who think differently than their circles, so unless you don't support members' music or make hate comments, they can't say sh*t about you

• Recently, I just saw a tiktok about saying how unfair it is that he has 34 million monthly listeners on Spotify. It seems they have tagged his tiktok account.

Before Seven was release, Left and Right went viral and he performed at the opening of World Cup so its not surprising that he gained a lot fans and casual listener.

Those who are saying they don't have favorites are liar.

i see for example on army fandom ot7s comparing the solo performances on charts and how unequal it is but isn't that expected?? (ot7 armys comenting on JK seven chart performance about how he has more days at #1 on spotify global than all other kpop acts combined or somethin and they saying where's this energy for this or that member...)

They keep saying he was gonna main pop boy so now that's he's doing well, those who claimed OT7 are not liking it. Funny.

If they are shading and hating him, they aren't fans.

I only follow fanbase that gives new and chart update. I don't really follow individual ARMYs on twitter so that my tl won't be filled with drama.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!