My ranking for GET UP by NEWJEANS

• 1. ASAP
    "Hi, it's me again"
    Y'all can't deny that this is the best song ever created. Everything about it is perfect. I can't wait for the MV!

2. SuperShy
    OMG, this is song is perfection - The space-vibes intro, the repetitive "I'm SuperShy", it's so creative and cool!

3. ETA
    The Vocals are just amazing. The "We can go wherever you like", the chanting of "What's your ETA?" it's so NewJeans, it's so cool. Especially since there are so much chill songs on the album.

4. NewJeans
    The best Intro ever! Again, I have to praise their angelic vocals. The harmony of this group is insane!

5. Cool with you
    Idk about this song... I have listened to it 4 times - twice when watching the MVs and twice on Spotify. I don't know, it doesnt vibe with me

6. Get Up
    If this was a 3 minute long song it would ake the no. 1 spot. But I simply hate it - for being TO SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE HOW COULD MIN HEE JIN THINK THIS IS ENOUGH?????????????????????????????????????

Nevertheless, this is the best EP of 2023!

Let me know your rating in the comments!

(This is my first thread)

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• hi

my ranking would be

1. Cool with you

I can’t get enough of this song really, it's on loop for HOURS and I still want more :lover1: it never gets old!

i think it's really my favorite NJ track, totally my vibe as I love romantic songs and the sad club songs with a minimalistic approach. Perfect.

It's the first time i hear a kpop song that actually comes so close to the music i actually listen outside of the genra and almost reminds me a bit of groups line the xx and uk sad club music.

2. NewJeans

NewJeans would have been a clean 2nd place IF it was a full song. Even give a run to CWY (still behind tho) because the voices and the melodies are soooo smooth and catchy, i can’t its soooo good :pepe-grooving: .

And i LOVE the chorus again minimalistic but still anthem worthy :twerkingpepe: and the dance to its sooo good, the concept the mv everything is so NJ and so perfect.

(It's a shame it's so short, i really hope we can get a longer version ;(.)

3. ETA

I don’t know, it's such a BOP to me. Always gets me happy and exited and the dancing is so cute and catchy. I LOVE it. Actually overall both this three songs are almost all equally good each with its specific strengh.

Newjeans the best earworm, Eta the most fun and CWY the most meaningful/mesmerizing.

4. Super Shy

I only put Super Shy above Asap because it actually has a chorus and it's a full song, not just a sort of outro even tho Asap is just so much more special and beautiful than SS and has real moments of brilliance and genious.

SS on the other hand is a cool summer song, a feel good kinda song, it has really catchy moments like 'you don’t even know my name' and the dance is pretty cool.

Also it's actually more intricate that it appears on the surface, but overall its the last memorable track for me on the record, sometimes i even skip it. It doesn’t get me as obssessed as the other songs :wellr: .

5. ASAP

A pretty simple song/outro?? But again it's such a VIBE and I LOVE the musical direction and inspirations displayed :lover1: im like so exited to think that they could dwell more into that style :froghype: it kinda reminds me of some grimes / f(x) influences so dreamy and etheral and chill, AMAZING.

and for last, im not gonna rank get up cause comme on it's just an interlude/intro??? Who knows it's not even a minute song sooo... but what i heard of it is just soooo beautiful and mesmerizing, it's almost CWY but next level. Its insane. WOW. I truly hope it's actually a snipet of a song for their upcoming full album :pepe-hype: .

In conclusion this EP is phenomenal. I don’t remember ever being that exited about the music of any kpop act/group beforehand :holding-back-tears:.

• ASAP is the best song on the EP, I'm blown away by how recklessly structured it is

It's crazy how it's such a bop considering that it's an experimental song (I usually hate these)

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• im in love with eta, from the first time i heard it from the fanmeeting i knew it'll be my new favourite song, after seeing the mv and the lyrics i think i love it more!!!the absolute bop of my summer this year

I have it on loop since this morning :white-heart: Also the MV is amazing, gives Red Velvet vibes

• i think it's really my favorite NJ track, totally my vibe as I love romantic songs and the sad club songs with a minimalistic approach. Perfect.

I get where you're coming from... I really like the lyrics but I recently stopped listening to sad songs, because they make me feel sad yk?

But I love the story they are telling with the MV... And putting get up at the end of the 2nd mv was so smart. Also, it lowkey was a ditto reference with the A and B MVs and the camera they used in some shots

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!