Is anyone watching JYP A2K Survival Show?

• If so, do you like it so far?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm watching it!!

And, I'll say that it is okay so far.

I'll be honest, none of the girls have really stood out for me. They are all very cute/pretty, but I haven't really picked a favorite yet.

Also, so far, only 6 or so people have gone through to the next round. That's not a lot of people? I'm assuming maybe 4 or 5 more girls will be going through to the next round. Which would make about 9-11 or so girls to choose from, which doesn't seem like a lot when you have shows like Universe Ticket with like 82 contestants.

But yeah, I'm watching it, and I will continue to watch it, but I'm meh about it.

I'm interested to see what the final group will look like though. Usually JYPE GGs have at least 2 or 3 "visual" members sprinkled, but I haven't seen anyone who I would consider a "visual" by Western standards. I also haven't really seen anyone who I would consider a "stan attractor". It may be because they haven't gotten the star treatment and makeup yet.

But, as of now, I am more interested in the 2nd half of this competition when they go to train in Korea versus their time in LA.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• It's so hard to find a visual for a western girl group cause it always changes imo. Also I'm not sure how to feel about the 12 year old. So far none of the girls stood out to me so far.

• I would love to start but I don't have time :holding-back-tears:;(

work is killing me, and I'm already invested into Queendom Puzzle and R U Next? and they are broadcasted live in more 'friendly' time for me

I could catch up with A2K but I do still prefer watching it 'live' but it's set in time when I'm sleeping because it's middle of the night here ||

• It's ok so far nothing big or dramatic is happening, all the girls are talented vocally so far, the real show will start once the competition is settled

the real show will probably start in part 2?

like it was with Nizi Project when girls were set for that camp in Korea

and I've heard A2K is similar this way, first auditions in US then flying to Korea and training there and filming part 2

• It's so hard to find a visual for a western girl group cause it always changes imo. Also I'm not sure how to feel about the 12 year old. So far none of the girls stood out to me so far.

Yeah, I agree. Western standards are also more diverse than Korean standards since it's not as homogenous. There are so many races, ethnicities, etc. I also think styling plays a large part in that as well for Western artists. Though, if I am honest, I don't know if there are many top stars in Western music who I would consider visuals in the same sense as KPOP. Like, I wouldn't necessarily consider Taylor Swift, Ariana, Adele, Miley Cyrus, or Lady Gaga visuals. Maybe Rihanna or Olivia. I think you'd have to have like model like looks to be considered a visual in the West, so maybe it's not as important as having pretty girls with good styling who are talented.

Also, I don't see the 12 year old debuting in this group. I think 5 out of the 6 girls who have been chosen to move on have been 16/17, and a 12 year old is too young for that. I think she is going to be like Lily and Somi. Where she doesn't make the final cut to debut, but she ends up continuing to train at JYPE.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!