BTS ARMY Currently Have Their Own App In The Making...Created By The Fandom Themselves..wtf

• btw im a ARMY myself, but I made the Title like that for posting purposes.

so anyway though, I remember seeing something about it a few months ago, but I had forgot.

now today, with Twitter being all goofy, i seen this post from a ARMY account, and I was like YES!

been in this fandom for almost 5 years, and literally I'll always be amazed at what our fanbase can do.

......like a whole app created by a few ARMYs, and for the ARMY fanbase??????...crazy

Screenshot_20230701_175449_Twitter.jpg

• Every profession is represented in ARMY, so this doesn't surprise me! We even have an ARMY NASA engineer who is currently designing one of the next spacecraft and is trying to include BTS Easter Eggs in the design. 😄

• Army is a force in itself.

What happened to Twitter?!

speculation is Elon let Twitter contract with Google Cloud expire so now they are charging him a lot of money to help run Twitter. So he is putting restrictions to slow down traffic.

• i definitely would like to see if other fanbases gonna copy soon lmao

Lol it was never considered because of cost benefits never were in favor. But now that time's have changed with Twitter being owned by an idiot, same with reddit and Facebook going stupid too. Soo people are seeing the writing on the wall that big name social media is dying so time to switch to something else or make something else

• speculation is Elon let Twitter contract with Google Cloud expire so now they are charging him a lot of money to help run Twitter. So he is putting restrictions to slow down traffic.

It is this pretty much, or he negotiated for lower server capacity to cut costs. This may be a more long run thing and not the temporary he told us it will be. The man is a liar, you do not need to restrict usage of users to cut down on data scraping.

• Lol it was never considered because of cost benefits never were in favor. But now that time's have changed with Twitter being owned by an idiot, same with reddit and Facebook going stupid too. Soo people are seeing the writing on the wall that big name social media is dying so time to switch to something else or make something else

Also, there are enough ARMY who would use this (and have an income) to ensure that the platform can be easily funded entirely through donations. I'd pay $10-$20 USD/month for this because that's a very small amount for me. I won't pay Elon $8 for stupid Twitter Blue, though.

• Also, there are enough ARMY who would use this (and have an income) to ensure that the platform can be easily funded entirely through donations. I'd pay $10-$20 USD/month for this because that's a very small amount for me. I won't pay Elon $8 for stupid Twitter Blue, though.

Very true the issue is army hasn't been means tested yet. We don't know for sure if a fandom made application will always be funded by the users. People could have various reasons why they can't do a subscription thing. Plus the app will have alot scrunity as it will likely be dealing with Alot of BTS and hybe content. Unlike these big tech giants like Twitter etc that can shrug off or make certain deals with IP holders and copyright holders for hosting said content. The same isn't true for a small start up. So posting BTS content including fan edits of members photos and videos could lead to the app tanking overnight from all the copyright strikes. And we aren't even talking about the massive overhead you need to run a social media application. As an IT Administrator I can tell you the tech support network this will require will be expensive and that's just the development and security processes not even mentioning the traffic concerns as you'd need a robust and reliable data center and hosting server for it and either owning your own hardware or renting from someone like Amazon AWS isn't fuckin cheap. So this app will either have expensive subscriptions or annoying ads to offset costs because neither is cheap and this isn't even including your average app developer and tech support personal, customer service, human resources etc.

• Also, there are enough ARMY who would use this (and have an income) to ensure that the platform can be easily funded entirely through donations. I'd pay $10-$20 USD/month for this because that's a very small amount for me. I won't pay Elon $8 for stupid Twitter Blue, though.

As you shouldnt :thumbup:

• Very true the issue is army hasn't been means tested yet. We don't know for sure if a fandom made application will always be funded by the users. People could have various reasons why they can't do a subscription thing. Plus the app will have alot scrunity as it will likely be dealing with Alot of BTS and hybe content. Unlike these big tech giants like Twitter etc that can shrug off or make certain deals with IP holders and copyright holders for hosting said content. The same isn't true for a small start up. So posting BTS content including fan edits of members photos and videos could lead to the app tanking overnight from all the copyright strikes. And we aren't even talking about the massive overhead you need to run a social media application. As an IT Administrator I can tell you the tech support network this will require will be expensive and that's just the development and security processes not even mentioning the traffic concerns as you'd need a robust and reliable data center and hosting server for it and either owning your own hardware or renting from someone like Amazon AWS isn't fuckin cheap. So this app will either have expensive subscriptions or annoying ads to offset costs because neither is cheap and this isn't even including your average app developer and tech support personal, customer service, human resources etc.

Well, maybe, at the very least, the prospect of a different app will encourage Hybe to make Weverse suck less. They borrow/steal ARMY ideas all the time (Stationhead streaming parties and whole ticketing instruction templates being just two of many examples) so even if the app doesn't pan out, the attempt to develop it at all could force improvements to Hybe's existing products that will benefit the fandom.

• Well, maybe, at the very least, the prospect of a different app will encourage Hybe to make Weverse suck less. They borrow/steal ARMY ideas all the time (Stationhead streaming parties and whole ticketing instruction templates being just two of many examples) so even if the app doesn't pan out, the attempt to develop it at all could force improvements to Hybe's existing products that will benefit the fandom.

🤡🤡🤡🤡 Ahh how naive of you to think that. It's cute 😊. Ok but in reality what will happen is hybe will bury the app in litigation and then buy it out from the developers and then scrap it without any improvements to weverse just like they did to vlive. Companies like this will just squash the competition and that's it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!