Why do some Koreans want to learn Spanish?

• IDK maybe it is the influence of the music ?

I mean some years ago Latin styled KPop-songs were popular, last year TFN even released a Spanish song for their randomly many Spanish fans and yes TFN's fans are so crazy, you find more Spanish content than English content about them (like all memes, all fanvideos, all comments on their videos are Spanish), many Korean people said that they like Latin styled music from South America.

Hm and there are a few KPop-artists who grew up in South America like for example W24's Howon (but thats just a rare number)

And maybe some schools teach Spanish in Korea ? IDK but most countries teach 2 different languages in school so maybe thats why ?

Maybe there are also soccer fans who want to feel more conected to their fave clubs in Spain like Madrid or Barcelona ?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I mean some years ago Latin styled KPop-songs were popular, last year TFN even released a Spanish song for their randomly many Spanish fans and yes TFN's fans are so crazy, you find more Spanish content than English content about them (like all memes, all fanvideos, all comments on their videos are Spanish), many Korean people said that they like Latin styled music from South America.

What's TFN?

• there are article about nmixx

pasted-from-clipboard.png

K-Pop Group NMIXX Talks Learning Spanish & Touring Latin America
    Ahead of their performance at KCON LA, we talked to NMIXX about touring Latin America, Latine music & being Rosalía fans.
    remezcla.com

edit:

I guess this is one of JYP's moves to globalize kpop.

because he had a Japanese ggs, Chinese bgs iirc

and now it seems like he want to have another reach, which is Latam and Spanish-speaking countries?

• To answer the question, maybe because it's a romance language and many people find it attractive to the ear plus one of the most spoken languages

But the fact that kdramas or mvs have subs doesn't have anything to do with koreans trying to learn spanish, more like there is a huge spanish audience interested in Kpop and dramas so companies or spanish who know korean add subs.

• A lot of my korean friends grew up speaking spanish and are more fluent in spanish than in korean. You'll find there are a surprising amount of koreans all over the world and in high concentrations in countries where spanish is the main.

• yeh.. this does seem like a silly question.

many people learn different languages in every country to broaden their cultural horizons..and why wouldnt u want to learn spanish if you could?

it's the 2nd most natively spoken language on earth and 4th in popularity; also there are 2nd generation koreans living in spanish speaking countries such as mexico, spain, argentina, etc.

really weird question.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!