[Jimin Appreciation Thread] Ppl may have divided opinions about Jimin's vocals but you can never bash his dancing skill and stage presence

• Kpop stans got brave recently calling him talentless so I gotta remind people that talentless and PJM shouldn't exist in the same sentence.

He might look small and cute off-stage but he is a versatile beast on-stage. The 'Jimin effect' exists for a reason.

Here are a few of my favorite performances of him (with timestamps):

His famous fan dance at MMA 2018:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Contemporary dancing to I NEED U's piano version at MMA 2019:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Iconic Boys Meet Evil stage with blindfold:

ArmyTaglist

• His solo songs:

Lie:

Serendipity:

Set Me Free pt2:

External Content www.youtube.com

Like Crazy:

External Content www.youtube.com

I would add Filter stage as well but I couldn't find any good quality video for it :sweat:

What are your favorite performances from Jimin?

• What are your favorite performances from Jimin?

This performance is always going to be my fav of his, I will never get over it. It started my obsession over BTS back then. I was only a casual listener of theirs before this performance.

External Content m.youtube.com

• my favorite serendipity performance got removed off of youtube, so i can’t post it :drinktears:

Why did they remove it? Was it part of some kind of music festival and it got deleted eventually?

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• This performance is always going to be my fav of his, I will never get over it. It started my obsession over BTS back then. I was only a casual listener of theirs before this performance.

External Content m.youtube.com

Oooh i forgot about this cover but yes, it's one of my fav too!

Dope era's red-hair Jimin is a cultural reset, his popularity really sky-rocked during this time :pepelove1:

• Using few videos to claim jimin can’t sing are what these bullies have been waiting to bash him

Nothing changes the fact He is a good singer who has slip ups now and then just like everyone else.

Not gonna let bunch of bullies change that.

• let be honest, jimin ie quite good at dancing and some stage presence. however, his vocal is very controversial. his tone was good and fans have been praising it but it is getting nothing but auto tune and awful tone. why fans just admit the issue and move on, while praising other skills rather than keep fighting for it.

• His voice is beautiful but was also delicate. His imperfections is smh that makes him more beautiful! 🥹

He has always been the punching bag of vile kpop stans, slutshaming, misgendering him among many others,:suure:

And as soon as his solo career achieves greater heights, the hate was intensified, nothing new BTS has been there before... But haters remain rooting at their place of envy! :facepalm:

So keep going Jimin, you are one of the best performers I've seen and inspired many! You're doing amazing! :pepelove1:

• let be honest, jimin ie quite good at dancing and some stage presence. however, his vocal is very controversial. his tone was good and fans have been praising it but it is getting nothing but auto tune and awful tone. why fans just admit the issue and move on, while praising other skills rather than keep fighting for it.

9dfc1859ca40d5e926ce3c968664a797010faa86.gifv

(she/they/no her.) most sane hobi fan

no one asked for your unwanted opinion about his vocals in an appreciation thread about his dancing and stage presense but let me answer you once and for all. Jimin’s voice is actually one of the reasons many fans love about him. he isn’t a well-trained vocalist but he has a unique voice that no one can immitate and he brings diffrent dimension and emotion to bts songs. he is irreplaceable. fans who love his voice will continue to praise him whether you agree or not. Jimin is aware he’s lacking in certain areas and has been working hard to overcome it but i think non-fans/antis like you do not care so it’s y’all who should move on if you don’t like his voice so much. let the fans appreciate his voice in peace.

• Jimin has great vocals and his tone is the most widely appreciated among Army and non kpop fans. I wish Army would stop being brainwashed by kpop fans and realize that Jimin is a good singer he just isn’t a consistent vocalist. I personally think it’s because 1) he lacks a lot of confidence about it (pretty obvious why) and 2) his songs/parts aren’t easy to sing because they are pitched so high. Other BTS members talk about this all the time. If Jimin ever overcomes all the PTSD that kpop fans give him over his singing then he would be a great singer because his voice is unique and attractive to a lot of people. Like all BTS members he sings with emotion and that to me matters more than being pitch perfect while sounding like an emotionless doll. Nothing puts me off more than a singer that obviously feels no connection to the song they are singing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!