Do yall find it weird when they translate Korean "well wishings" so literally?

• In regards to Hyuna's recent comments about New Jeans, am I the only one who thinks it is translated too literally from Korean which makes it sound borderline cringe?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like wtf is "Eat Korean food"? Do yall think this is exactly what she meant or it is a mistranslated aphorism? I just assume in Korean this was supposed to mean "eat home food," like in a "eat healthy, don't eat fast food trash" kinda way cause if she literally meant to tell them to eat specifically Korean food and not Japanese, Italian or any other it's just a weird thing to say :sweat:

And generally the "are you eating well" itself imo shouldn't be translated like that either. It's something that Koreans ask, it is like their "how are you". There is no such expression in any other language I am aware of, it doesn't translate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!