Regarding Lee seung gi's marriage, would you marry someone living well with scam money that ruined many families?

• Regarding Lee seung gi's marriage, would you marry someone living well with scam money that ruined many families?

This is not much about what he should do but what would you do

If someone is living luxuriously with the money their parents scammed, can you have a relationship with them?

Not just a small scam, but sth infamous that affected 1000s of families and caused a few deaths.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• depends on a lot of things. if she's personally involved then probably not. the question is a bit vague and i need a specific scenario and know all the facts to be able to give a definitive answer. details matter

• depends on a lot of things. if she's personally involved then probably not. the question is a bit vague and i need a specific scenario and know all the facts to be able to give a definitive answer. details matter

Basically his fiance?

She wasn't involved in the scam but she is enjoying the money all the same

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Basically his fiance?

She wasn't involved in the scam but she is enjoying the money all the same

that's why i asked for details since i can't find any article that can point out exactly how much money she got out of her dad's scam. unless she was unemployed for most of her adult life and didn't have a source of income herself, kinda hard for me to just assume everything she owns is paid for by dirty money since her dad got convicted already and that probably means they looked into all his financial history and they likely would've seized all assets purchased through illegal means. the dude was also forced to pay fines and go to prison from what i've read

• It depends. If my significant knew and is not apologetic then that shows me their character I won’t marry them or even date. But if they were not aware then yes. Especially if I love them. I know most parents do not involve children in their finances and this is the case for lee da in (sorry for misspelling her name). How is she supposed to know that her stepdad will commit fraud. Maybe her mom knew but her I doubt it.

• It would really depend.

It's not clear that she is the direct beneficiary of her father's malfeasance.

And if she did by chance benefit from his ill gotten wealth, did she have agency when that occurred.

For instance was she a young child when she might have had her things paid for by her father with illegitimate money? I can't hold that against a child.

If she was an adult. Knew where the money was perhaps coming from. And was taking it anyway. Then that complicates things.

He would have to decide how he views that morally.

I would have trouble if I know my significant other was knowing exploiting people's hardship for her own gain. That's not the kind of person I would want to be with

• that's why i asked for details since i can't find any article that can point out exactly how much money she got out of her dad's scam. unless she was unemployed for most of her adult life and didn't have a source of income herself, kinda hard for me to just assume everything she owns is paid for by dirty money since her dad got convicted already and that probably means they looked into all his financial history and they likely would've seized all assets purchased through illegal means. the dude was also forced to pay fines and go to prison from what i've read

Lee Da In’s step-father was accused of making unfair profits by manipulating stock prices. At the time, the prosecution’s investigation revealed that Lee had embezzled the paid-in capital increase of Corebit, a software development company, in 2009. It also came to light that Lee caused damage to investors by using the 26.6 billion won he pocketed by disclosing false facts while promoting a paid-in capital increase to pay off his debts, saying that he would invest in a medical company. In 2011, Lee was sentenced to three years in prison and served his sentence. He was accused of stock price manipulation in another case in 2016 and was sentenced to 4 years in jail.

In the past, Lee Da In revealed her room through her Instagram. She sparked controversy by writing, “I‘m very excited to have a TV in the living room of my room.” Her house, which was also unveiled on air, attracted attention as a super-luxury house worth 9 billion won at that time. With its spacious floor space and enormous scale, Lee Da In is known to have another living room inside her individual room, excluding the shared living room.

Accordingly, netizens looked coldly at the way Lee Da In’s family boasted of their wealth accumulated by the father’s embezzlement.

"怨

• that's why i asked for details since i can't find any article that can point out exactly how much money she got out of her dad's scam. unless she was unemployed for most of her adult life and didn't have a source of income herself, kinda hard for me to just assume everything she owns is paid for by dirty money since her dad got convicted already and that probably means they looked into all his financial history and they likely would've seized all assets purchased through illegal means. the dude was also forced to pay fines and go to prison from what i've read

Some people even committed suicide. And they did not even apologize to the victims and their families, saying that they were also victims while purchasing luxury condo in New York. So yeah...

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Some people even committed suicide. And they did not even apologize to the victims and their families, saying that they were also victims while purchasing luxury condo in New York. So yeah...

The sisters, Lee dain and Lee yubi are actresses but they do not work consistently and their roles are always minor

There is no way they earned that much by themselves

• yeah i read about this but i tried to look for news regarding that house and whether it was part of the court case so i can know whether it was part of the investigation and either ruled by the court as relevant or irrelevant to the case but i can't find any

• The sisters, Lee dain and Lee yubi are actresses but they do not work consistently and their roles are always minor

There is no way they earned that much by themselves

Yup and both sisters are famous for their love of luxury and rubbing it on people's faces on social media. Although, after starting a relationship with Seung Gi, Da In retreated a lot from social media, but the facts still don't change.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Considering the rumors lee yubi has, I better not say something :skull:

• i think in his case it's the financial devastation causing several suicides for me... like i will never be able to look past that

moreover her father has done it twice, like going to jail for the first and then caught embezzling again. there's no way to know he'll do it again and by that time i can get caught in the middle of that considering marriage in asian community means close financial relationship between children and parents

• No. Especially the case of Lee Dain, she didn't even seem sorry about it while flaunting their wealth. It might be a different case if it's someone like Tiffany who had no ties with her fraudulent father and worked her way up. The lee siblings are close with the step dad stil, while literally basking in luxury without much work to show up for it. I doubt they care very much.

• I couldn't if it was similar to this case. The family have never been apologetic, have claimed to be victims, have never denounced his behaviour, who has done this twice and shown no remorse, they continue to live off the money because they don't have much of a career from what I have seen, always minor roles that definitely wouldn't give them the money they need to live how they do.

They're living on blood money and I just couldn't be with someone who has such terrible character.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!