Massive 7.8 earthquake around Turkey and Syria, 200+ confirmed dead with the number expected to significantly climb

• Pandas795

Changed the title of the thread from “Massive 7.8 earthquake in Turkey, 200+ confirmed dead with the number expected to significantly climb” to “Massive 7.8 earthquake around Turkey and Syria, 200+ confirmed dead with the number expected to significantly climb”.
  • External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if anyone else is interested to donate and help - the IFRC will update their page soon for this emergency.

Homepage | IFRC
    www.ifrc.org

Another option via local org in Turkey

External Content twitter.com

Edit 2: local org in Syria - still looking for a legit org. Previous one was taken down.

ICRC in Syria: https://www.icrc.org/en/donate…90210&utm_source=hs_email

Edit 3: ongoing list of various orgs that is helping in both countries

External Content twitter.com

Already so many casualties and I fear it will increase too. (T.T)

Edited 7 times, last by Yinye ().

• Situations are very bad in Turkey. Hospitals were collapsed, municipal buildings were destroyed, roads and airports were damaged. That is why it is very difficult to get help or give help to people. Winter is very harsh in that region, the weather is very cold and it is snowing. This affects the chances of survival of those trapped under the rubble. According to reports, the death toll has already exceeded 1,500. It is said that it will probably exceed 10K ;(

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• The videos online are so horrific. Building collapses and people screaming. Take care while online. My Twitter auto played the graphic videos and it is so scary.

I saw them too. Why such content wasn't marked as sensitive? Some kpop concept photos were marked as sensitive and these weren't? Only one video was marked as sensitive and i thank the uploader for that. It's so upsetting, i wish i never saw them :(

It's heartbreaking. Poor people snd their loved ones. Seeing the buildings collapse in few seconds...

And after 7.8, they got his by another one of 7.5.

:-(

• What the hell is wrong with you?!

PEOPLE HAVE DIED AND LOST THEIR LOVED ONES AND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SOME POLITICAL NONSENSE! SHAME ON YOU!

Can mods give a warning to this idiot? Wagner group? Dead antler blood? WTF?!

• AFAD Earthquake and Risk Reduction: There are 2.316 deaths so far, the number of injured 13.293, the number of destroyed buildings 6.216. 7,840 people were rescued from the rubble. And that's the result of only 17 hours...

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• My heart goes out to those caught in this disaster.

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

• aliye12 I'm happy your family is safe. May Allah protect them.

May Allah protect everyone in Turkey and Syria as well as the rest of the countries around.

According to some reports I read online Egypt and Libya also had earthquakes yesterday. North Africa is going through it too.

Thank you.

Yes it is so bad in Syria as well and as you said some other countries are affected as well. My prayers is for all of the people affected to be safe.

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!