Massive 7.8 earthquake around Turkey and Syria, 200+ confirmed dead with the number expected to significantly climb

• After 40 hours, 4,544 people lost their lives and 26,721 people were injured. ;(

Edit : 42 hours and 5,894 people lost their lives, 34,810 were injured.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Edited once, last by byakuyav ().

• After 40 hours, 4,544 people lost their lives and 26,721 people were injured. ;(

Edit : 42 hours and 5,894 people lost their lives, 34,810 were injured.

My mom read on our news portals that casualty number could go up to 20k. I hope that whoever wrote that article is wrong :-(

• the situation in North Syria is tragic especially Aleppo, Lattakia and Idlib which isn't under gov control.. there are still alot of buildings that they didn't reach yet and the number of victims will increase. Things were tragic even before this due to barely any fuel and inflation and now it will only get worse for these people as most of them are so poor.

Also, there is a storm and it's cold these days.

Rip for all the victims and hope they can rescue as many people as they can

• My mom read on our news portals that casualty number could go up to 20k. I hope that whoever wrote that article is wrong :-(

The last time I checked, the death toll had passed 9,000. Unfortunately, it seems that the mentioned figures will be reached. ;( Moreover, the government has made the biggest social media platforms where people seek help, such as Twitter and Tiktok, unusable by throttling in order not to appear incompetent. So yeah, the situation is very bad.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• The last time I checked, the death toll had passed 9,000. Unfortunately, it seems that the mentioned figures will be reached. ;( Moreover, the government has made the biggest social media platforms where people seek help, such as Twitter and Tiktok, unusable by throttling in order not to appear incompetent. So yeah, the situation is very bad.

It's over 15 000 now ;( and i fear that it will go above 20 000 ;(

Look at this

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Heartbreaking ;(

• It's really rare for two major earthquakes to hit the same area in such a short time. The earthquakes had an effect of hundreds of bombs and some areas slid for meters. Almost all of the small towns were destroyed, and the buildings that were not destroyed were also damaged. It is a very bad situation that cannot even be explained with words, like, the bodies were kept in the hospital gardens in body bags since the hospitals were demolished and there was no morgues. ;(

• 120 hours and 20.318 people lost their lives ;(

• A full week has passed since the earthquakes, and according to the official figures announced, 31,643 people lost their lives just in Turkey. It is said that this number can reach 50K ;(

• 300 hours after the earthquake, on the 13th day, in Turkey

The number of destroyed buildings is 24,921, the number of injured people is 108,068, the number of people who lost their lives is 40,642.

;(

• Supporters of Beşiktaş, one of Turkey's sports clubs, threw thousands of toys on the field to be donated to children affected by the earthquake before the game played today. :waterr::waterr::waterr:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!