Most BLs watchers are fetishizers

• Let me start saying that I am Thai. I watch some bls and straight etc. but what I notice is that most international bl fans are just exactly like kpopies. They will defend any BL actor they like even if for example that person is an abuser, homophobic,transphobic,sexist etc. They don’t listen to anyone even if Thai fans who understand most of the contexts and meanings when it comes to news try to explain to them why those bl actors were banned in Thailand. They will blame the Thai media for not protecting those people and believe any false mistranslations that might help their favs a little bit. I’m starting to worry they are coming to ruin our community just like they do to K-pop

• i really wouldn't know anything about that

tumblr recommends me gifsets or videos of guys kissing and i just save the ones i like i don't even know these people's real names :pepe-shrug:

• Most? idk that seems exaggerated but there is fetishtishizing that can be worth talking about. Certainly, you'll get extremes and toxic sides in bl spaces like any other...

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I don't know about most. I think the majority of consumers don't participate in any kind of discourse on the subject. Be it online or offline. As is the case with all media.

• i don't know the context of the original post but i don't think "most" bl watchers being fetishizers is far fetched tbh.

A sound full of unfamiliarity, try to cover my ears but can't go to sleep

Blackpink| BTS| Gfriend | Ailee | SoHyang | Hylolyn | Dreamcatcher

• I'm not at all familiar with the Thai BL scene and how the fans behave in it so I can't really form any opinion on this particular situation. However, I don't think *most* BL watchers in general are fetishits. I agree that some are, but looking back on the BL communities from a decade ago and comparing them to nowadays, things have certainly changed and BL fans are way more progressive, respectful and definitely more critical towards the media they consume. Also, a lot of BL fans are queer themselves, to the accusation that they fetishize queer/mlm relationships doesn't have a lot of ground.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!